• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Woes

Thursday!

DefConn was heckling me this morning about having jeans on.  He demanded to know why I wasn't wearing yoga pants.  

I was listening to a radio show this morning and they had some lady on talking about weddings and being a bridesmaid in particular.  She had great, reasonable points about it.  My two favorite things she said were: a) "If you're close enough to the bride to be asked to be a bridesmaid, you *have* to know how demanding she's going to be as a bride." and b) "You can smell the crazy." 

DH is going to purchase the mower today.  Since he's bought a few other things from the shop (our snowblower and chainsaw, I think), the guy is going to arrange free delivery of the mower.  :) 
MesmrEwe0Face

Re: Thursday!

  • Tonight is ToT.  The girls are ridiculously excited.

    Our bank was purchased by another bank over the summer and the official change over happened Monday.  It was a PITA to get a debit card for myself.  They sent DH his new card in the mail, but since our old cards had the same numbers, they were only sending one.  Yes, this makes sense.

    Now I have to go through my online stuff to change card numbers and exp dates.  I'm sure I'll forget something.

  • I feel ya on changing everything.  It is a PITA and I totally forgot to change our address on amazon before making an order for humidifier filters over the weekend. So they went to old house.  At least the new owners alerted their agent and are willing to forward it to us.  I have changed it since...but I'm sure it will come up again sooner than later. 



  • Also, I have to go into the office for training on the next Saturday I work.  I told my boss that this was cruel and unusual...He agreed, lol.   
    tawillers
  • tawillers said:
    Tonight is ToT.  The girls are ridiculously excited.

    SIB

    What's up with ToT the day before Halloween?
  • tawillerstawillers member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Is it bad that my immediate worries for updating payments were Amazon and Netflix?

    ETA:  I just remembered Target!

    ETA again:  Oh duh.  I have the redcard.

    mrsconn23
  • Heffalump said:
    tawillers said:
    Tonight is ToT.  The girls are ridiculously excited.

    SIB

    What's up with ToT the day before Halloween?
    Our city always does the day before.  I really don't know why.  We also do fireworks on July 3.

    mrsconn23
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    DH and I were both dragggggging this morning.  Which kind of sucked, because we were bad influences on each other:  "I should get going."  "Me too."  "Yep."  "Uh-huh." "So let me tell you a funny story from yesterday..." Looking forward to earlier sunrises next week. 

    It's Red Ribbon Week.  I didn't even know what that was, and the half-dozen reminders from school never explained it.  Until I Googled, I was thinking heart disease, or HIV.  Wrong, and wrong.  I have no idea what wearing boots has to do with not doing drugs, but today was Boots Day, so DD's outfit was extra-original.  :)

    I can't wait for Halloween and am humming "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas. 
    mrsconn23
  • s/o Red Ribbon Week - I was surprised that DD1's school didn't do a dress up day each day.  Son's school always did.  Instead they are sending things home with the kids.  One day they got a pencil, another day an eraser, etc.

    Also, I was slightly bummed that DD1 won't be having a class party for halloween.  I absolutely get it and agree with why they aren't doing it, but I remember going to all of Son's parties and helping out and watching the parade of costumes.  I know it's better that they don't do it but I had an "aw, man" moment.

    MesmrEwe
  • tawillers said:
    Also, I was slightly bummed that DD1 won't be having a class party for halloween.  I absolutely get it and agree with why they aren't doing it, but I remember going to all of Son's parties and helping out and watching the parade of costumes.  I know it's better that they don't do it but I had an "aw, man" moment.
    Just out of curiosity, why is it better not to do it?  I know, I am full of questions this a.m., sorry.  If either of the kids didn't have a Halloween "Book Character Costume" Party, I would be disappointed, but I just really like Halloween.  DH and I are both going to DD's class party tomorrow, because her school is awesome and has it at noon instead of, say, 9:30 a.m.  (DS's school, I'm looking at you!)

    DS's class had to bring raisins or fruit snacks for tomorrow's party, which I think is kind of dumb, because they're too young to actually eat them.  But whatever. 
  • This week needs to end already.

    Yesterday, at Home Depot I got into an accident with a cart (not like a regular shopping cart but those big ones for contractors) and got my big toenail ripped off. It hurts, like a lot. I slept like crap last night because anytime I'd move it would hurt. And at one point in the night, like a dumb ass, I tried wiggling my toe.

    We were supposed to get DD's 1 year pictures done this Sunday but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to wear shoes. My dang toe is all bandaged up and I can hardly walk. I am not sure I can wear shoes comfortably on my right foot. Yes, it's lame but I'm annoyed.
  • It's a huge distraction and ends up taking over the entire day.  Nothing gets done.  The kids can't focus because they're too excited.  It takes forever to get the kids into their costumes and the kids that don't bring costumes feel like they're left out.

    I really like halloween as well and remember Son's parties were always so fun but it's also a headache.

  • Ugh PMeg.  Just start drinking.  It will fix it all.  :)

    Also, I cannot stop curling my toes thinking about your toe.  It just makes me all cringey.  
  • tawillers said:
    Tonight is ToT.  The girls are ridiculously excited.

    Our bank was purchased by another bank over the summer and the official change over happened Monday.  It was a PITA to get a debit card for myself.  They sent DH his new card in the mail, but since our old cards had the same numbers, they were only sending one.  Yes, this makes sense.

    Now I have to go through my online stuff to change card numbers and exp dates.  I'm sure I'll forget something.
    Dk and I both had our card numbers stolen due to the Target leak. His in December (while we were on our cruise - that was fun to resolve from Mexico) - mine in February (while we were in Phoenix - WTF at this happening while on vacation?). Then over the summer, Chase decided to migrate all of the cards to Visa, so i got another new card, and DK's was compromised again, so he got another new card before he could have any bad charges. We can't keep up with changing saved cards and auto pays fast enough. 
  • *Barbie* said:
    tawillers said:
    Tonight is ToT.  The girls are ridiculously excited.

    Our bank was purchased by another bank over the summer and the official change over happened Monday.  It was a PITA to get a debit card for myself.  They sent DH his new card in the mail, but since our old cards had the same numbers, they were only sending one.  Yes, this makes sense.

    Now I have to go through my online stuff to change card numbers and exp dates.  I'm sure I'll forget something.
    Dk and I both had our card numbers stolen due to the Target leak. His in December (while we were on our cruise - that was fun to resolve from Mexico) - mine in February (while we were in Phoenix - WTF at this happening while on vacation?). Then over the summer, Chase decided to migrate all of the cards to Visa, so i got another new card, and DK's was compromised again, so he got another new card before he could have any bad charges. We can't keep up with changing saved cards and auto pays fast enough. 
    Yuck.  That's a mess.

  • PMeg819 said:
    Yesterday, at Home Depot I got into an accident with a cart (not like a regular shopping cart but those big ones for contractors) and got my big toenail ripped off. It hurts, like a lot.

    SIB

    Oh dear god, I literally flinched and gasped when I read that.  Get well soon.
    tawillers said:
    It's a huge distraction and ends up taking over the entire day.  Nothing gets done.  The kids can't focus because they're too excited. 
    ^^ As a kid, that was always what I liked best about it.  :)  Well, that and the candy.
    *Barbie* said:
    Dk and I both had our card numbers stolen due to the Target leak. His in December (while we were on our cruise - that was fun to resolve from Mexico) - mine in February (while we were in Phoenix - WTF at this happening while on vacation?). Then over the summer, Chase decided to migrate all of the cards to Visa, so i got another new card, and DK's was compromised again, so he got another new card before he could have any bad charges. We can't keep up with changing saved cards and auto pays fast enough. 
    ^^^ Very similar story.  The number that replaced the one that was leaked from Target was just recently leaked itself.  I'm on my third card number in <12 mo.  Chase might as well just post all the card numbers online at this point, cut out the middleman. 
    *Barbie*
  • We have ToT tonight to.

    The ILs are here and MIL is driving me batty.  Quit looking through my mail and school flyers.  There are no such things as boy books and girl books.  They are just books.

  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    6fsn said:


    The ILs are here and MIL is driving me batty.  Quit looking through my mail and school flyers.  There are no such things as boy books and girl books.  They are just books.

    OMG.  That reminds me about a story I was going to tell y'all...When we were unpacking and hanging up clothes, MIL was helping the kiddo and she told him to go get 'boy hangers'. (we have mostly plastic hangers and they're all different colors)  I overheard that and was all sorts of "Jigga what?!"   It made me want to take up all of the 'boy hangers' for DH's and my stuff so that the kiddo would have only had the 'girl hangers' for his closet, just to irritate her.  

    The kiddo could a) give a shit less and b) I just bought him navy and pink shoes...at his request.  He has pink socks and wears purple all the time. 
  • 6fsn said:


    The ILs are here and MIL is driving me batty.  Quit looking through my mail and school flyers.  There are no such things as boy books and girl books.  They are just books.

    OMG.  That reminds me about a story I was going to tell y'all...When we were unpacking and hanging up clothes, MIL was helping the kiddo and she told him to go get 'boy hangers'. (we have mostly plastic hangers and they're all different colors)  I overheard that and was all sorts of "Jigga what?!"   It made me want to take up all of the 'boy hangers' for DH's and my stuff so that the kiddo would have only had the 'girl hangers' for his closet.  
    I'm probably perverse, but "boy hangers" and "girl hangers" makes me envision them as anatomically correct or something. 
    mrsconn23GBCK*Barbie*VarunaTT
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Heffalump said:

    ^^^ Very similar story.  The number that replaced the one that was leaked from Target was just recently leaked itself.  I'm on my third card number in <12 mo.  Chase might as well just post all the card numbers online at this point, cut out the middleman. 
    I will give Chase credit - they have been on top of it, and have notified us everytime. the only thing that pissed me off was the randomly changing my Mastercard to Visa.
  • my MIL told my daughter 'boys are like that" about something recently that involves 4 year old friend drama.

    I didn't flip in front of MIL, but later on I let Buffy hear a rant about how silly grownups can be, thinking boys are that different than girls, that sometimes KIDS are like that and PEOPLE are like that, but that hurt feelings aren't just for boys and girls.
    And we talked about how to play with Max in spite of his hurt feelings.
    mrsconn23
  • I wish I could drink. Doesn't mesh well with the Vicodin.

    I'm not going to lie, this may honestly hurt worse than childbirth. Mostly because it's a constant pain. And you don't get a cute baby out of it.
  • Double up that Vicodin.  Kidding.  I can only take 1...Any more than one and I'm worthless. 

    Vicodin story: I was in the hospital after having DefConn and a nurse pushed 2 vicodin on me.  DH had gone home to get stuff.  I had DefConn alone and the nurse left.  I remember sitting there holding DefConn, being completely spaced out, and thinking, "Should I be alone with him right now?" DH returned shortly thereafter, thankfully. 
  • Heffa, I'm sitting here with a cowboy hat on as we speak. Yes, it's put a cap of drugs day.

    Anit-bullying week is in November. Just giving you a heads up.:)

    image
    Heffalump
  • DD's school did a whole "spirit week" thing which is oh-so-fun for a working mom.  Monday was crazy sock day (easy enough), Tuesday was dress like your hero day (but not your halloween costume), Wednesday was wear pink for breast cancer or red for drug-free day (which my kindergartner did not understand - at all), today is crazy hair day (we did 3 pony tails - but really, every day is crazy hair day for DD) and tomorrow is halloween costume day.   Blech.
  • I'm set for the week. I bought some crazy socks at the dollar store and a hat from Party City. I even have a old tie from a friend.
    image
  • We have spirit week too.  Since it's only a two day week I only had to deal with socks and sports tomorrow.  I don't remember the other days but they all seemed simple enough.

    @Auntflo even a SAHM dreads that crap.

  • Heffa, I'm sitting here with a cowboy hat on as we speak. Yes, it's put a cap of drugs day.

    Anit-bullying week is in November. Just giving you a heads up.:)

    Good to know, because I'm sure we'll be observing that here.

    Luckily, tomorrow is something-something good character day, which nicely coincides with book character costume day.  Apparently they've taken pity on the parents and given us a twofer tomorrow.
  • i don't remember all of the theme days when I was in school - maybe 1/month max. the general theme was "behave yourself and learn shit"
    AuntFloNOLABridesmaid
  • I think I'm a lot older than you Barbie and we had a bunch of them.  Homecoming week in both my schools (TN and MI) were big ones.  We were always doing something it seemed like.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards