Budget Weddings Forum

I need a glitter aisle runner

Anyone know where to buy a cheap one or possibly rent one?

Re: I need a glitter aisle runner

• I was looking for sparkly backdrops the other day and found this site, maybe you could commission them for a runner?

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Glitter?  Really?  I would hate to be a guest at your wedding.  That shit gets everywhere and you can never get fully rid of it.

• Viczaesar said:
    Glitter?  Really?  I would hate to be a guest at your wedding.  That shit gets everywhere and you can never get fully rid of it.

I was hoping she was going more for sequins, that's why I suggested the site I did. Glitter would be a niiiiiiightmare.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    Viczaesar said:
    Glitter?  Really?  I would hate to be a guest at your wedding.  That shit gets everywhere and you can never get fully rid of it.

I was hoping she was going more for sequins, that's why I suggested the site I did. Glitter would be a niiiiiiightmare.
    I can get on board with sequins.  (I admit I didn't click your link.) 

• Viczaesar said:

beethery said:

Viczaesar said:

I can get on board with sequins.  (I admit I didn't click your link.) 

Ginormous gold sequin backdrop. So fabulously SPANGLY!!! And really no lingering spangles like glitter would leave. Can you imagine trying to shake the glitter out of the underlay of your wedding dress? You'd be finding it in the edges of your closet for decades!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I would recommend going to local fabric store and seeing if you can find a material that has some glitter/sparkle to it & take it to a seamstress to have a runner custom made. It won't be cheap for the fabric, it would be an easy way add the sparkle and have an easy clean up. You may need to use double sided tape though to help keep it in place.
  • Maybe try looking for fabric at Joanns or another fabric store or order online?  It would be easy to just hem the edge all the way down with just a straight stitch. Here's a possibility. http://www.joann.com/confetti-dot-many-colors/prd61277.html

I agree with some of the PPs that glitter can get EVERYWHERE. If you go with glitter, make sure whatever it is is coated in some way so the glitter doesn't come off. (Depending on your venue, they may not like that!) Or go with a shiny or metallic material or a sequined fabric. 
  • msdeendeemsdeendee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2014
  • msdeendeemsdeendee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Viczaesar said:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards