Georgia-Atlanta

Wedding Vendor Reviews for my October Wedding

labrolabro Hotlanta member
5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers

Just thought I'd share the vendors I used for my wedding in Roswell along with prices and a brief synopsis of their service. Maybe it will help anyone lurking who's still in the midst of planning!

Venue: I got married on October 18th at Kimball Hall. Julie owns and manages the venue and is absolutely FANTASTIC. Kimball Hall has a unique pricing structure, you pay a set fee (in my case it was $19,500 for a Saturday wedding for 100 to 125 guests, the fee increases for more people and is less for less people, I got a Friday rate because we booked with Julie when she only had a few dates left open for the year, normal Saturday rates are higher) and the fee includes the venue, basic linens, your alcohol (including champagne toast), tables, chairs, ceremony, 4 hour reception, and "credits" for floral, DJ, cake, caterer, photographer, officiant, and ceremony musicians. You are required to use her florist, Pat Holland, who is AMAZING! She is seriously a genius with flowers...however the $1000 KH credit doesn't go far with her...brides at KH typically spend an average of $2000 on floral there, and I spent $3000 because 1. I had the budget and 2. Loved the ideas Pat created for us. You are also required to use one of her four caterers, who are all fantastic and have a variety of price points. Our total due to KH ended up being $17,000 after our initial $500 deposit. We paid $500 extra for an extra hour at the venue.

Floral: Pat Holland - she is an amazing artist with flowers! Our total for Pat was $3100. This included 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 6 groomsmen bouts, my bouquet, a bout for the groom, 2 father bouts, 3 grandfather bouts, 2 mother corsages, 4 grandmother corsages, cake flowers, tossing bouquet, 3 tall centerpieces, decor for the arch we were married under, a large centerpiece for the buffet, decor for the stairwell, 7 low centerpieces, hanging lanterns, ceremony and cocktail hour décor. I don't have photos of everything yet unfortunately (still waiting for pro pictures) but this gives you a general idea of what Pat put together for me!

imageimageimageimageimage

Photography: Alison Church Photography Cost: $2500 for 7 hours of coverage from her and an assistant photographer (includes a DVD with your edited images and full rights to the images). We did engagement photos separately for $350 (including a CD of our edited images). I absolutely adore Alison! She is super sweet and a great listener and communicator! She did an incredible job on our engagement photos and I'm so excited to see what she comes up with for our wedding! Alison is extremely professional and rapidly responds to all of your emails and questions. She is 100% worth the cost. Alison is also one of Kimball Hall's recommended photographers (there are others to choose from but Alison is one of the best).

Catering: Avalon Catering Cost: $5515.40 for 120 people (4 vendors, 108 adults, and 6 children). Cathy and the team at Avalon Catering are wonderful! I can't say enough wonderful things about their service and food quality. Avalon Catering is one of the four choices you have at Kimball Hall for catering. They average about $40 per person for an upscale buffet set up that also includes passed appetizers for cocktail hour. Our tasting was free and after the reception we had a ton of compliments on the food. One person even said it was the best chicken they have ever had at a wedding (ie not dry at all and full of flavor). Avalon Catering is dedicated to serving ONLY fresh, local foods...so if they can't source something out of the Atlanta area then they don't serve it. I think this really gives them an edge as far as catering choices go in the Atlanta area.

DJ: CTRAM Entertainment Cost:$1838.75 (included an extra hour of coverage). CTRAM Entertainment has several DJs to choose from but we went with the guy who started the business - Cliff Trammel. His other DJs are slightly cheaper and provide different levels of service. I'm so so glad we chose Cliff! He did an AMAZING job during our reception and made the whole thing fun for everyone. He kept the dance floor rocking the entire night. He comes with an assistant who runs the sound board while Cliff teaches dance moves and passes out various props (inflatable guitars, MJ outfits, etc.). He also brings his own lighting set up. I went with Cliff based on Julie's recommendation and was super happy I did! He was expensive...but in the end it was 100% worth it.

Ceremony Music: Luna Strings Trio Cost: $825 for ceremony and cocktail hour music (2 hours). I worked primarily with Erica. Luna Strings provides a huge repertoire of songs to choose from but they'll also learn a new piece if you have a song they don't know (this is an extra cost though). Again, many compliments from all of my guests. Erica was extremely professional and easy to work with. They showed up on time, set up without any questions and then moved all of their equipment quickly and efficiently in to our cocktail hour space for more music.

Officiant: David Bryan Cost: $325 for ceremony and rehearsal plus $360 for six sessions of pre-marital counseling. I absolutely LOVE David! I'm really glad we went through pre-marital counseling with him (he's a youth minister at a local church in Roswell). It gave us an opportunity to get to know each other and David did a lot to give us advice on keeping our marriage strong throughout the years. He is absolutely wonderful person, honest, straightforward, and kind. Everyone told us after the ceremony how much they loved David. He gave an extremely personal and heartfelt sermon and it definitely reached the hearts of everyone who came to witness our marriage.

Cake: Sweet Peeps Bakery in Marietta (Katie Wharton) Cost: $500 for four tiers/125 servings/two flavors. Katie is professional and easy to work with. She gave us our tasting for free (although she charges a minimal amount if you want to try a large variety of flavors) and our cake came out perfectly! Again, many compliments from everyone on the cake. I only got to have a little of it unfortunately so I can't comment personally on the final product, but she did create exactly what we asked for, did not charge a delivery fee, and delivered the cake perfectly on time and ready to go. Her buttercream frosting is delicious and finds the right balance of sweetness without being so sweet that your teeth ache from all the sugar.

Favors: Heidi's Heavenly Cookies Cost: $540 for 120 boxed favors at $4.50 each. I worked with Heidi and Deb to create individual boxed favors of fresh, gourmet cookies. Your cost includes custom packaging and is also based on what you cookies you select. We went with a Southern Pecan Pie Bar and a Toffee Chocolate Chip cookie per each favor box. Deb and Heidi and I worked together to come up with a kraft paper box tied with sheer ivory ribbon and lace. They also attached thank you tags for me! The cookies were absolutely divine! I got to have a free tasting before we booked and seriously everything they serve is delicious. Here's an image of our favor boxes with our place settings!

missxasiaretaviato
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards