Nevada-Las Vegas

Masterpiece Cuisine - How many pieces?

I got an initial quote from Masterpiece for our Meet & Greet for 12 pieces per person! I feel like that's a lot seeing as this is from 3-5pm so likely people will be going to dinner afterwards. I have also read that many people end up with lots of food leftover. 

Does anyone have recommendations on how much I should TRULY order so we don't have waste and aren't providing a full meal? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Masterpiece Cuisine - How many pieces?

• When I was going to use a caterer I was going with 6 pieces per person plus 2 pieces of a dessert bar per person.
  • Where they aware there is a dinner after words? I think if it's strictly cocktail that 6 per person is fine - My reception was all cocktail (no formal dinner after) and I did 12 different types of apps 12pp. w/ 2 stations.
    Anniversary
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Oh! Also - they are 100% wonderful - Talk w/ Scott and tell him Jaime from Jersey say's hi! Believe me he knows who I am! LOL
    Anniversary
  • It depends on the type of appetizer. If they're sliders and other truly "heavy" apps, then you can go with 6-8 per person. If it's just a little piece of meat and some spread on a cracker, you're going to want to adjust.

We erred on the side of too many because we were paranoid there wouldn't be enough food. We did end up with leftovers, but that meant everyone was able to take some with them for snacking on later.

Is everyone aware they are responsible for their own dinner? If I went to a reception from 3-5, I'd be expecting a meal (or enough heavy apps to constitute a meal). If the invitations say "Cocktail Reception to follow", then you're good to go. "Reception to follow" indicates a meal.
  • KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    When we did our home reception for a cocktail style reception, no dinner served but apps were served. We did 7 per person, plus 1 cupcake each, and people said they were stuffed and the amount of food we offered was enough to be most peoples dinner. It really depends on the size and how heavy they are. 

If you want them to have less to tide them over for dinner after the fact, I would even look at 3-4 pieces... However if it is only your meet and great with no concrete plans afterwards for your guests, You could feed them more and they could eat later in the evening....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the thoughts. Since this is our meet and greet (on the invite it states "meet and greet cocktails") so I am hoping they aren't expecting a lot of food or a full meal. I think I am going to go with 5-6 pieces. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds perfect! My guest loved the bacon wrapped shrimp, quesadilla, ceaser teaser :-) It's gonna be fun no matter what you do :-)

Anniversary
  • hmgiffor said:
    Thanks for the thoughts. Since this is our meet and greet (on the invite it states "meet and greet cocktails") so I am hoping they aren't expecting a lot of food or a full meal. I think I am going to go with 5-6 pieces. 
    I totally missed that this is the M&G and not the reception. Sorry! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards