Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

photography itinerary

Okay ladies I would like your advice/opinions. In an ideal world,  my fiancé and I would be able to have our wedding at an amazing downtown Indianapolis Venue. Since we are paying for everything on our own thats not a possibility. That being said, we would at least like to get photographs downtown with the skyline and amazing scenery. Is it totally ridiculous to rent a couple rooms for the entire bridal party to get dressed and ready in so that way we can get some photos downtown, and then go to our wedding venue for the ceremony/reception place? I want photos of my fiancé getting ready as well as myself so doing 2 joint rooms and then doing a first look is what I kind of had in mind. Any thoughts?

Re: photography itinerary

• It depends. How large is your bridal party? You have to consider check-in and check-out times. What time does the wedding start? How far is this from your venue? How far is it for your bridal party? Would anyone be staying the night? Will you all be ready by check-out or would you have to book an extra day so you have more time in the rooms? What would transportation be like? Will there be free parking available? Could the bridal party simply get ready on their own and meet you there?

These are things I'd take into consideration. I would love to get pictures in the city or at least of the nyc skyline but in reality it's not practical whatsoever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards