Not Engaged Yet

KUI (Is this still a thing?)

So, I promised the H I wouldn't drink the whole bottle of wine. I'm on glass 3...

Anyone around? 

I'm also editing a former student's college essays. College essays suck and are super dumb and I think it's completely pointless for any college ever to require them. It's torture for the student and it's torture for the college admissions officer that is stuck reading them. I argue that the student very rarely gets something cathartic out of the process. 

/endrant.

What are you up to tonight? Anyone else drinking? @swazzle? @ollie08?
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: KUI (Is this still a thing?)

• Sure, why not?

I'm KUI. FI and I went out to BWW, which is the worst place for me. I graze. Anyway, the guy at the table behind us knocked his beer over and the glass shattered on the bouncy tile floor. Piece of it landed on the table next to my elbow. That's a heck of a moment. And a waste of good beer.
  • Damn. That's actually extremely impressive that the glass would bounce that high. I've never dropped my beer there because I rarely buy beer since their prices are so astronomically high. 

Was there a sporting event that took you to BWW?

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Thursday night football game. I'm watching for football, not because of deep love for either team. Mostly I'm fairly cuddly right now with FI - a side effect of beer. 
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    That sounds lovely! Which football game? The Saints game?

H is in the other room playing his new PS4. I'm snuggling puppies and craving some super sweet munchies. 

These college essays are going to be the death of me...

• Yep, Saints at Panthers. Panthers are in the red zone but can't make anything happen. I think on the whole I'm still happier I benched Cam Newton for Colin Kaepernick.

College essays do suck. Very rarely does something profound come out of them.
  • I traded Cam for Antonio Gates two weeks ago in a supposed-to-be one week trade but we haven't traded back. I have Tom Brady this week and hope that he comes out strong....

I'm so glad I made the last minute decision to play Jimmy Graham. Kelvin Benjamin however..... that was a failure tonight...

• Tom Brady should have a good weekend - he has offensive weapons. And really do you hate any QB on a 6-team bye week?
  • I was PUI (packing under the influence) last night. Sorry I wasn't around, @audrewuh!

• I was UI last night, but no K-ing! We played trivia at our local pub and did TERRIBLY. I also gave FI a good talking-to about our ever-expanding guest list. So all in all, not a wonderful night but not a bad one either because I got to have three pumpkin beers AND really good pizza. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm so sad I missed KUI we need to do that more often though.

Anniversary

• I was UI but was doing laundry and cleaning a bit; no KUI :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @audrewuh - I was SUI (sewing under the influence?) last night. I can't believe I missed this! I had to finish up "Little Cat O"'s costume. She looks effing adorable. I'll try and upload a pic.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Ollie08 - They look so great! You're an amazing mama <3

• @Ollie08 your daughters are so pretty! I love the costumes.

Anniversary

• @ollie08, your sewing skills are on point. And your daughters look so perfect in their storybook costumes!

My goal now is to bring back KUI. 

Oh, and TK is JUST NOW letting me see my notifications, hence the semi zombie thread. #sorrynotsorry

• I want to partake in a KUI. It's been far too long! 

WHEN?

• I will probably want to tonight, but I won't be done at work until 9 central. 

I tend to KUI on Thursdays. :) 

• 9 is basically my bed time. 

And tomorrow night I have a date at 8 with a Ms. Katniss Everdeen. 

• Is that ALREADY tomorrow night?? Where the hell have I been?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards