African American Weddings
Options

44 days until my wedding and my dress doesnt fit!!!!

I dont even know how to explain this. When I got my dress Davids did not tell me the dress would be a lot tighter then the one I tried on. So I ordered my dress but when I went in to find shoes, there was a fight between a bride, her mother and the alterations staff going on. I heard them tell her how the new dresses are tight bcuz nobody has tried them on like the stretched out dresses on the floor. That made me nervous so I went to one of the managers and asked them if I could go one size up on my dress. they were like its a corset you're fine blah blah. I asked 4 more times after that same response. here I am on the day of my dresss fitting nervous bcuz I knew I gained someone of the weight back I lost (4 pounds) and the alterations lady is telling me the dress doesnt fit and there is nothing she can do she tried to find ways to blame it on me and even had the nerve to say "Well you said you gained weight"... I flipped... I demanded she get a manager which she seemed like she didnt want to do. The manager was a God send she got on the phone and hunted down my dress but the dumb alterartions lady insisted I needed 2 sizes up which I said a million times would be too big. so I had my MOH and sister go look for the dress in the size they were trying to make me get. when I put it on I could tell it wasnt going to fit right but she insisted it was the right size. So I asked her to lace it up and she replied for what? (she almost saw the worst side of me) I told her bcuz I want to see if it fits right once its tied up.... she ties up the dress as tight as she can and it was way too loose. in the end she agreed that I needed the size I had been asking them for all along. (rolling eyes) All I know is my new dress better be here by next Tues or there will be hell to pay... I hope the things I'm going tthru are the worst and it will only get better. deep sigh....

Re: 44 days until my wedding and my dress doesnt fit!!!!

• Options
    Tchavon1984 Aww so sorry you had to go through that. They (the dress alteration ladies) can be a bit pushy sometimes.. but thankfully the lady i dealt with was a piece of heaven she didnt understand to much english but she understood how i wanted to look which made me happy.  I pray your dress comes on time with no problems.. But you should be ok, my dress wasnt ready until the day of and everything worked out perfectly.,. Just relax, relate, release you will be fine.. if not its time to blow up davids lol lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options

lol I'm more relaxed today. I was just a little freaked out, pissed, angry and confused yesterday. I know things will be ok. I have tons of faith and if not tons of gasoline and matches lol. thank you for being sooooo supportive.

• Options

lol I'm more relaxed today. I was just a little freaked out, pissed, angry and confused yesterday. I know things will be ok. I have tons of faith and if not tons of gasoline and matches lol. thank you for being sooooo supportive.

THIS ALL DAY.... TELL'EM TO PLAY WITCHU LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    WTF? Sorry you had to deal with that.
  • Options
    Turns out I went thru all that drama for no reason I waited and stressed for a month for the new dress to come in just to go right back to my original size dress. Bcuz the size up was too big smh
  • Options
    Turns out I went thru all that drama for no reason I waited and stressed for a month for the new dress to come in just to go right back to my original size dress. Bcuz the size up was too big smh
    Funny how things work out sometimes.  Glad you are happy now.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards