Chit Chat
Options

Anyone have any skin advice? (TMI?)

So I have a bit of a dilemma. Like a ton of women I tend to break out right around my time of the month. Well that happened :( and I ended up with a HUGE zit on my chin. Problem is I'm leaving for a group vaca to florida tomorrow morning, and I really don't want my skin to be this gross.

To make matters worse I got frustrated and popped it last night :( So now although it's flatter I have an angry red mark and scab to deal with.

Does anyone have any products that they use that help reduce the redness and inflammation on a popped scabby zit?

I know it wont heal overnight that will take a few days of course, but anything I can do to make it look less angry will be amazing :)

Re: Anyone have any skin advice? (TMI?)

• Options

This sounds really weird, so please don't judge me. I was watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills re-runs last night and there was an episode where Yolanda has a huge zit on her chin and Brandi told her to put Visene on it.

I have a zit on my chin right now, too. I tried it and I am convinced it took some of the redness away. H thinks I am nuts. It's worth a try!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Neosporin!
  • Options
    Thank you! Visine just went on my shopping list for this afternoon :)
  • Options
    Visine is supposed to kill the redness. I think I remember that whitening toothpaste is supposed to have the same effect, though I've never tried either.

Neosporin will help heal the wound. I'm not sure how it is impacted by other products. Be careful with your choice of sunscreens- you need something strong to prevent it from getting worse. When you're broken out or wearing lots of skin products, your skin is more likely to get burnt.
  • Options
    Tea tree oil. 
  • Options
    Try using some ice (make sure to wrap it in a paper towel or something first- don't put ice directly on your skin). Icing it should help to reduce swelling/redness. Feel better :)
  • Options
    Clove oil is a great treatment for more cystic zits.

And your face will smell like a Christmas cookie!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second the tea tree oil recommendation.  This will calm the redness.  You need to keep moisturizer on the blemish, as crazy as that sounds to keep it from looking dry and flaky.  Cetaphil has an excellent non comedogenic (spelling) moisturizer.  Good luck!  This is a tough situation I know! 
  • Options

Neosporin will help with the redness and help it heal faster. I am also the type that can't seem to stop myself from messing with zits when the get huge and painful.  I know it will make it look worse, but the immediate relief is hard to resist.  I heard about using Neosporin a while back and it really does help. I usually will put it on before bed and by morning the redness is gone and the scabbing heals up much quicker.

Hydrocortisone cream can also help reduce the redness and inflammation.

• Options
    The only thing I have to add is be really careful with putting clove oil/tea tree oil direct without a carrier oil.  If they're too concentrated you could burn yourself, which is definitely not what you want.  A lot of oils already come with a carrier oil, just check to make sure.  Otherwise, good suggestions!  

• Options
    Thanks guys! I picked up some visine and neosporin at target during lunch! Im really hoping it will help me out!

Im gonna try to not stress about it since I know it doesnt look nearly as bad as I have it built up in my head.
  • Options
    I put polysporin cold sore patches on them.  That way I don't pick them.  Visine totally helps with redness.  I've done that too!

• Options
    Witch hazel is the best anti inflammatory I've ever used. (Not to be gross, but that's why it's the active ingredient in most hemorrhoid treatments. Reduces swelling.)
  • Options
    Witch hazel is the best anti inflammatory I've ever used. (Not to be gross, but that's why it's the active ingredient in most hemorrhoid treatments. Reduces swelling.)
    QFT

I love this stuff.  Had to get used to the smell, but it's my toner now and I panic when I run out!

• Options
    I wanted to add that I sleep with toothpaste on any zits hat are big and nasty. I find regular paste dries it up and makes it smaller, so it's a nice surprise in the morning. Good luck!

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards