Chit Chat

Friday confessions

Sometimes I sit at my desk with my phone headset on all day so that people think I'm on a call and leave me alone.

I really wanted to scream at FI during our PMC appointment last night.

And lastly, I took a big handful of candy from the communal candy bowl and am now hoarding it in my desk. I know, I'm a terrible person.

Do you ladies have anything you're just dying to confess about?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friday confessions

• Today my assistant is wearing the most God-awful pant suit. I am not sure if she thought it was festive for Halloween or not, but it is just terrible. My door is closed so I don't have to look at it. She is a sweet girl, but have mercy!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't have anything to confess yet but I am seriously considering faking sick and asking my supervisor if I can leave early today. I just don't have it in me to stay all day and be a therapist. 
    Anniversary

• I am ready for my parents to be back from their vacation.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• We're getting Five Guys for lunch today, and I'm way more excited than I should be. 
  • I had a bowl of cereal and candy corn for breakfast.

SIB

I had fritos and a cookie for breakfast. 

Also my office did a carry-in and people actually made good stuff for it. I brought in a box of stale cookies with smooshed frosting cuz I just don't fucking care about work parties right now. 

• I took a half day, but got here half hour late so I'm probably only really working 3 hours out of 8. Additionally, I haven't gotten fuck done this week. As you can tell by my 400-something TK points. Lord help me if my boss ever finds that. I am worthless.

• I have a bottle of champagne under my desk for a party later that is taunting me like the Tell Tale Heart...

... It has been a rough week image
  • We're getting Five Guys for lunch today, and I'm way more excited than I should be. 
    I'm so so jealous. 

I'm taking lunch early because I'm bored out of my mind. 

Also, sometime last week I very carefully cut a secret slit under the flap on the back of one of the bags of Halloween candy and I have now officially snuck all the Reese's out so I have to go buy more candy. I have no self control when it comes to Reese's.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Our developers did some inexcusably stupid shit last night that's landing on my lap right now. I'm livid - and kinda freaked out. I've written an incredibly nasty email and can't decide if I should send it. I know I can't send it until they've fixed everything- and I'm convinced that there's nothing else scary going on that we've missed.

If this is all fixed in the next 2 hours, I'm getting tanked at lunch and leaving early. I'll send the email then.

• In fact I do!

Earlier this week, I got a fb message from a band I was looking into for the wedding, so that prompted me to look at the "other" folder, which I never do.  I had a message from late August from my ex's new girlfriend, who had recently also dumped him.  She happened to be online and I had a nice long chat with her. 

I had drinks with her on Tuesday and I really like her.  We both had some stories!!  Problem is, now that he was alone again, I start getting worried that he might try to contact me again (I cut off communication last June).

Lo and behold, I get a "birthday email" on Wednesday from him! (Yes, my bday was yesterday/Thursday - he claims he wanted to be first to wish me happy bday!)  I still have boxes of my things in his attic that I didn't have a chance to get because of the way I cut him off, so I did reply asking if I could get them. Ex is crazy manipulative and I'm sure will have expectations about what I have to do to earn my stuff back, but I had to ask. 

All this has been kind of fucking with my head, and FI never wants to hear anything about my past so I haven't said anything to him. 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm pregnant!!!!!!  Just found out this week.  It's really early.  The dr thinks I'm only about 4 weeks.  Still exciting and it's hard to not tell anyone.

Oh and my BFF is also pregnant.  She goes for her 6 week checkup on Monday!
    OMG congrats!!! And best of luck, I hope you have an "easy" pregnancy :) and a healthy baby at the end of all of it! 
  • cupcait927 & @novella1186

Thanks for your well wishes!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited October 2014
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH congrats @FutureMrsN3312 !!!!!!!

• edited October 2014
    We're getting Five Guys for lunch today, and I'm way more excited than I should be. 
    Update to my confession: Because we'll catch a TON of shit of the owners see us eating fast food, we have to wait for them to leave before we can order. Most Fridays they're out of here by now. But fucking of course, theyr'e STILL HERE. LEAVE! I'm getting hangry. 
  • LakeR2014LakeR2014 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Congrats @FutureMrsN3312!!!!

I had my second colposcopy in three weeks this week which left me bleeding heavily and cranky as all get-out. As a result I have not looked for a costume at all for DHs familys annual Halloween shindig so I'll be going as an all black cat or something.   I could've tried harder - but my entire body said 'Nope, the sofa's so much better.'
  • blabla89 said:
    Sometimes I sit at my desk with my phone headset on all day so that people think I'm on a call and leave me alone.

I do this all day every day lol!
  • Congrats @FutureMrsN3312!

@LakeR2014 bless your heart, that is absolutely awful! I hope you get to feeling better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Congrats @FutureMrsN3312 That is so exciting and you get to share the experience with your best friend what an awesome bonus!

I confess that because my personal trainer was an incredible bitch and had the balls to call me a liar after she didn't show up for our last appointment, I didn't bother going to my last session with her this morning and I don't feel bad at all. I already set up new appointments with a new trainer so she can go to hell for all I care.

Also, I have no plans for class on Monday and I should work on that today but I'm sure I'll end up leaving it until Sunday night. My students this semester are a huge pain and I like to think about them as little as possible.

• @LakeR2014 - I hope you're feeling better soon! We're dealing with fear of colonoscopies in our house right now.
  • Simky906Simky906 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

I'm supposed to have a girls night tonight. We tentatively set it up a couple weeks ago and none of my friends have followed up so I'm secretly hoping they all forgot. I'll go if it's still on but I'm feeling really antisocial.

Also, I haven't worked out in about 6 months and I'm starting to feel bad about my body. I got back on BC a couple months ago and I'm pretty sure I'm gaining weight. I need to get motivated and do something about it but it's really difficult.

• Congrats @FutureMrsN3312!!! Such great news!

My confession: letting FI wallow a little bit in his sorriness from last night and this morning (he really pisses me off when he comes homes really late, half drunk, without bothering to tell me he was going to be late in the first place so I don't have to wait around worrying about his sorry ass laying in a ditch somewhere). He sent me a cute email this morning so I'm over it but I might let it go a little longer...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    We're getting Five Guys for lunch today, and I'm way more excited than I should be. 
    Update to my confession: Because we'll catch a TON of shit of the owners see us eating fast food, we have to wait for them to leave before we can order. Most Fridays they're out of here by now. But fucking of course, theyr'e STILL HERE. LEAVE! I'm getting hangry. 

To the bolded above - why???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards