Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Just want to make sure Gift arrived

I ordered a gift off the registry for my cousin who lives out on the West Coast for his fiance's bridal shower.  I picked the delivery to the host's home option and I saw it was left at door.  I was in contact with the host and emailed her twice to make sure she saw it.  But she never answered.

The shower is not until 11/8...should I just wait until then to follow up?  I don't want to be annoying  but I would hate if something happened to a gift...I mean I know it shows it was left a the door, but I hate not having real confirmation!

Re: Just want to make sure Gift arrived

• Options
    I would just leave it alone. It's extremely rude of her to not respond to you, but if you keep asking she might just get annoyed and take it the wrong way. 
  • Options
    Maybe she is bad about checking emails. I would leave it alone until after the event.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:

Maybe she is bad about checking emails. I would leave it alone until after the event.

I might be SITB

Actually she is really good at checking emails. I had to emailed her (btw host is bride's mom so i did give the benefit of the doubt since she may not be all updated on tech) her about where they are registered and emailed me twice about it. Well the shower passed so i emailed her again. Hopefully she gets back to me.

Btw I'm not expecting all high praise, not even expecting a thank you card, i just want to confirm so i know the damn gift wasn't stolen!
  • Options
    When my stepsister got married a couple of the other bridesmaids and I pitched in for a high ticket item she registered for.  I got confirmation it arrived but never heard anything and neither did the other girls.  One of the girls even had lunch with her after confirmation.  I decided to call her to see how planning was going and feel her out.  Turns out her now hubby opened the gift and threw away the card.  She said she went online and saw it was purchased with my credit card or somehow figured it out.  She told me on the phone how thankful she was... they never read the card to realize the expensive gift was from a few of us.  It was very awkward telling her.. point being I thought it was extremely rude of her husband to not care about the card and just toss it aside for the gift... greedy!

Not sure how this helps.  But I hear ya on not hearing back!
  • Options
    When my stepsister got married a couple of the other bridesmaids and I pitched in for a high ticket item she registered for.  I got confirmation it arrived but never heard anything and neither did the other girls.  One of the girls even had lunch with her after confirmation.  I decided to call her to see how planning was going and feel her out.  Turns out her now hubby opened the gift and threw away the card.  She said she went online and saw it was purchased with my credit card or somehow figured it out.  She told me on the phone how thankful she was... they never read the card to realize the expensive gift was from a few of us.  It was very awkward telling her.. point being I thought it was extremely rude of her husband to not care about the card and just toss it aside for the gift... greedy!

Not sure how this helps.  But I hear ya on not hearing back!
    That really sucks!  It was VERY rude and greedy of her husband!  That would piss me off!  Sucks that your friends did not get any credi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards