Attire & Accessories Forum

Waist cinchers

Has anybody actually tried these waist cinchers of shape wear as they're often called? I found this site with what they call sexy shapewear and I'm tempted to give them a try,

Thanmks,

Bobbie

Re: Waist cinchers

• I don't have any experience with them, but I am a huge fan of the Spanx line.  I looked at the prices and the reviews and don't see a reason not to try it, as long as the shapewear will be hidden under your dress (aka no straps with a strapless gown, low back with a low back gown etc). 

I did see a few people complaining that it tends to ride up...again I know spanx, and they make ones like bike shorts on the bottom, it is great for smoothing the hips and the length keeps your thighs from chaffing as you run around in a dress all day.

If you're worried about the "sex appeal" just slip it off before your hubby even knows you were wearing it...thats what I did!!!

• I have a hard time picturing a waist cincher or any other shapewear being sexy. If you want one, I recommend buying at your local department store so that you can try it on before buying, or take it home to try with your dress and return it if it doesn't work.

I bought a waist cincher for my wedding dress and it really did give me a nice shape, but it had boning that showed through the dress. Finding just the right thing took some trial and error.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I wore a waist cincher. Rarely are they sexy. Sexy is more say, an actual corset or cincher you'd buy at high end stores or ren faires. 

They are supportive and hold in belly fat though. And for me, I don't like other shapewear that covers my butt. Makes going to the bathroom more of a production then it needs to be.

Anniversary
  • Thanks for all the input. I've heard many pros and cons about them but thought I'd give it a try anyway, see for myself
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards