Catholic Weddings

the only religion that the catholic church will accept outside of the church

So me and hubby got married in june we were worried about him getting married in my church Armenian orthodox and him being catholic when we went to talk to his deacon at the church he said we would have to have a blessing service to make it valid his mom was bent on having it plus hubby did not want to be in bad graces with the church.. 

we get married in my church and then a few months later meet with his priest who tells us that we might not need a blessing done because the orthodox church is the only church that can receive sacraments in the catholic church and vs versa he said we are in full relations with the orthodox church but i have to make some calls to someone higher up in cannon law 

he got back to us shortly after and said that our marriage was fully valid in the catholic church and that my hubby could continue to receive sacraments in the church and there was no need for a blessing

so if anyone  who is of catholic faith getting married outside the church into an orthodox church your marriage will be valid 

Re: the only religion that the catholic church will accept outside of the church

• The best thing to do is talk to a priest.
  • The priest is absolutely correct.  Your marriage is valid and binding in the eyes of both religions.

If either one of you feel uncomfortable about the validity of your marriage vows, do consult either your pastor or his.  I think he probably gets questions about this issue frequently so don't be worry:

Best wishes to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards