Destination Weddings Discussions

Gift bags?

Hi! We are getting married at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in the DR in May 2015. Has anyone done gift bags? I'm torn between gift bags or a chilled bottle of champagne and cheese plate in the room upon the guests arrival or a welcome gift bag. Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Re: Gift bags?

• I'm doing gift bags because I want to show people how much I appreciate that they spent the time and money to celebrate with us.  I encourage you to decide based upon your resort. If it's an all-inclusive, more food and/or booze may not be as appreciated as other things.  Here's part of my list in case it helps.

I am using gable boxes and wrapping them with ribbon.

Standard first aid gear (tylenol, advil, tums, pepto, emergen C)
    Spanish phrases book
    loofah 
    can koozie for any drinks on the beach (to help avoid drink sweat).  we got ones from our hometown to have an at-home connection
    playing cards (in case it rains)
    altoids
    eos lip balm
    phone waterproof see-through cases.  For trips to the swim-up bar.  It seems like everyone uses their phones for pics so I thought even in Mexico they may want phones with them.
    itinerary
    thank you gifts/notes for wedding party

I also have have beach bags for my VIPs (parents and wedding party) that have mesh bottoms to let sand fall through.  I got them on Quirky.

I think it's a great gesture but anything you can do to thank people I'm sure will be appreciated.  I honestly found most of my stuff for very reasonable prices at Costco and Amazon.
  • This are great ideas...i was leaning towards the gift bags as well and my fiance' thought maybe the booze and cheese plate...but they can get that anywhere and anytime they want it at this resort as it is all inclusive. Gift bags it is! I love some of your ideas too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards