Ohio-Northeast

Florist Recommendations

Any recommendations for wonderful florists in the Northeast area?  I'm not having roses. I'm leaning towards wildflowers. Our wedding is in August. I'd like to hear of other brides experiences. 

Re: Florist Recommendations

• Where in NEO are you located? I used Acme and was very pleased with the quality and price. 
  • Depending on where you live, I would recommend my florist! I am using Karen at By Design Event Planning. She spent two hours talking about my theme, colors, and letting me look through pictures to show her what I did and did not like. She was very dedicated to matching my wedding theme and dress. I suggest contacting her!

• I live in Strongsville but I'm fine with traveling for consultations.  I wanted sometime close to our venue which is in Peninsula.  Thank you for the suggestions!
  • I used Grand Design in Painseville. Not sure if they will travel to Peninsula, but they traveled a good distance for my wedding, so worth asking. I did pay a little extra on the delivery fee for the distance. They did a great job & my flowers (in water) lasted almost two weeks after my wedding. They provided vases w/water for each bouquet so we left the flowers in the water when we weren't holding them. We then used the vases at the head table at the reception and the bouquets then doubled as head table decorations & the girls took them home at the end of the night. Along with myself, I know of 3 other brides that have used them and loved them. One thing that I love about them is that they will design whatever you want, but if you pick a flower that won't hold up to the heat & not being in water, they won't put them in your bouquet. My one friend wanted all tulips for a May wedding & they told her they wouldn't do it because if it ends up being a warm day the flowers wouldn't last through photos & possibly not even the ceremony. They found her other flowers that fit her budget & gave her the color scheme she wanted & they lasted beautifully.

• I know I'm late to the party, but if you haven't found a florist, my aunt does beautiful work. She has independently owned and operated her own shop in Slavic Village in Cleveland for almost 30 years. Google Cindy's Flowers Cleveland. She has a website and will do consultations by appointment only. Give her a call. She's fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards