Wedding 911

Two hotels, only one has a transportation service

There is lodging at our venue and it's a 3 minute drive from where the actual ceremony and reception takes place. Very kindly, the venue offers a (free) shuttle to pick guests up at the hotel and brings them to the ceremony/reception. 

The only problem is that the hotel is pretty small and will only fit about half of our guests, so we also blocked off rooms at a hotel right across the street. However, this hotel doesn't have a shuttle service. I would rather not hire a transportation service because the drive is SO short, and am wondering if it would be okay to suggest that these additional guests in the hotel arrive by either a) driving the short distance to the ceremony/reception or b) walking across the street to pick up the shuttle at the venue's hotel.

Is that impolite to ask of guests -- to suggest they walk across a street for the free shuttle? My gut is telling me this isn't right, but in reality, I think most of the guests would do this on their own even if I didn't suggest it. I just wanted some opinions from you. Thank you!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Two hotels, only one has a transportation service

• Walking across the street, I don't think is a big deal unless they're walking across an interstate or highway or something similar.

However, the hotel that has the shuttle may not be totally excited to be transporting your guests that are not staying there. It'll be fairly obvious that they are not guests since they will be coming from across the street. I'm not sure if its best to be upfront and contact the hotel or just to let your guests on that side of the road take their own initiative to cross the street and grab the shuttle vs you instructing them to do so because chances are they'll know other people that will be on the shuttle or will see it on your wedding website etc.

• Definitely clear the extra guests with the other hotel before telling people that they can go over there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto PP.  Check with the hotel that has the free shuttle.  They may say its no problem or they may want to be compensated to transport guests not staying at their hotel.  It would still be cheaper to do that then hire out another company.  Then spread by word of mouth that this one hotel will be offering the shuttle to the ceremony/reception site.
  • Thanks all!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards