Oregon

Inexpensive Venues

KejekiKejeki member
First Comment
I'm looking to get married next May in the Portland/Vancouver area.  I wouldn't mind traveling as long as it's an hour or less.  My problem?  I'm having a very hard time finding an inexpensive venue.  I'd love to find something for $1500 or less that I can have the C/R indoors (since it will be spring in the NW)!  Please help!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Inexpensive Venues

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1500 for rental fee only?  What are you expecting to have included in that, and how many guests are you anticipating?  Indoor venues can be hard for anything over 100.
  • KejekiKejeki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, $1500 for the rental fee only.  I'm planning on having 100 or less people and I would like it to include chairs and tables.  Everything else I can get from the caterer I have in mind.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I can think of places in McMinnville, Dallas, and Salem that fits that description, although some of them would be Friday night/Sunday prices. What did you have in mind?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SaltysailorSaltysailor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Bell Tower Chapel.  Here's the link: 
    Also check out The Olde School

I'm am like you, wanting not to spend a lot on the reception/ceremony site.  I hope that helps ya out a little bit.

Cheers and good luck on your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    The McMenamins sites only charge a food and beverage minimum. It includes rental for the entire day, setup of chairs, tables, silverware, etc. We got married at the Cornelius Pass Roadhouse and it was a perfect setting for our wedding. Their wedding food is pretty good too, esp. compared to their pub food.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the North Star Ballroom...

It's where I"m having my ceremony/reception and they have a sliding scale depending on number of guests and include chairs and tables.

http://www.northstarballroom.com/
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    The McMenamins Grand Lodge is a great and inexpensive way to go especially if you are open to weekday/ evening weddings!!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the World Trade Center in Portland. They are inexpensive and have tables, chairs, linens, settings, etc. The only thing is that they have an on site caterer. But the food is really yummy! They are also really super nice and it is an amazing venue.
    http://www.wtcpd.com/
  • marieprince22marieprince22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are a few I have found:

Mcminnville Grand Ballroom  Hotel Oregon is a block away and would be a great place to stay the night before, there are lots of great places to have your rehersal dinner and take picture the day of the wedding.

Deepwood Estates (Salem)  So beautiful, there is a garden to have your ceremony and another garden to have your reception.  If rains they have a big tent.

Mountain Park Recreationl Center  This is where we are having our reception and it is awesome and affordable.

Leech Botanical Gardens  This isa beautiful place but only hold 80 people thrity percent of your guest list won't come.

Avalon Hotel and Spa  There is no rental fee you just use their caterers.

Antonia Ballroom (Canby)  Across from the ballroom is a beautiful park with a gazebo to get married under.   The street and park are two great places to take photos after the Ceremony.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards