Oregon
Options

Trouble Finding Hair/Makeup for Small Wedding

My wedding is going to be very small-- no bridal party-- so it will just be myself and my mother getting our hair/make-up done.

I am having a lot of trouble finding someone who will 1) respond to my emails and 2) provide services for such a small group on a Saturday in the summer.

I had been set to meet Aimee J'adore last week (our appointment had been set up in August), and in advance she told me she didn't have a bridal party minimum.  But then, the night before we were supposed to meet she told me she changed her policy.

Nicole Wagner and Face Body Beauty requires a minimum number of services I don't meet with just my mom and I.  And, I've emailed AJ Lane twice over the past few months and didn't hear back.  There was one or two other people I emailed, but their names escape me right now. 

Any suggestions of places I'm missing? 

Re: Trouble Finding Hair/Makeup for Small Wedding

• Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_trouble-finding-hairmakeup-small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:7b99f5f3-9e5b-4561-afd8-4260504a5a70Post:f2f5e619-57b3-46ab-abb8-595568d36390">Trouble Finding Hair/Makeup for Small Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is going to be very small-- no bridal party-- so it will just be myself and my mother getting our hair/make-up done. I am having a lot of trouble finding someone who will 1) respond to my emails and 2) provide services for such a small group on a Saturday in the summer. I had been set to meet Aimee J'adore last week (our appointment had been set up in August), and in advance she told me she didn't have a bridal party minimum.  But then, the night before we were supposed to meet she told me she changed her policy. Nicole Wagner and Face Body Beauty requires a minimum number of services I don't meet with just my mom and I.  And, I've emailed AJ Lane twice over the past few months and didn't hear back.  There was one or two other people I emailed, but their names escape me right now.  Any suggestions of places I'm missing? 
    Posted by cmussen[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Have you tried a college? Like Mt hood. They will generally let you post an ad for a college student to earn some extra money.

</div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Would it work to just book it prom type style and not tell them why you need it done.. can you just find a stylist and "fib" and tell them you and your mom are going for a night out and want to get your hair done. Or some sort of thing like that. I mean obviously stylists do updo's for prom that has similar hairstyles. :-\
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_trouble-finding-hairmakeup-small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:7b99f5f3-9e5b-4561-afd8-4260504a5a70Post:8decaace-5979-4dd7-b3c6-b80ba3f2be44">Re: Trouble Finding Hair/Makeup for Small Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Trouble Finding Hair/Makeup for Small Wedding : Have you tried a college? Like Mt hood. They will generally let you post an ad for a college student to earn some extra money.
    Posted by KendallR10[/QUOTE]

Although our wedding is small, I still want to spring for a professional.  Not that someone from Mt. Hood isn't talented... I'd just feel more comfortable finding someone who has been used and recommended by other brides.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_trouble-finding-hairmakeup-small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:7b99f5f3-9e5b-4561-afd8-4260504a5a70Post:19a7d1cf-d68b-422b-8422-bc6d8ace151f">Re: Trouble Finding Hair/Makeup for Small Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trouble Finding Hair/Makeup for Small Wedding : Although our wedding is small, I still want to spring for a professional.  Not that someone from Mt. Hood isn't talented... I'd just feel more comfortable finding someone who has been used and recommended by other brides.
    Posted by cmussen[/QUOTE]
    I've used colleges before and they do a great job. My friend used them for her wedding and they did amazing. And they aren't super spendy
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_trouble-finding-hairmakeup-small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:7b99f5f3-9e5b-4561-afd8-4260504a5a70Post:89a811ed-296e-49b2-8660-a800e5867e96">Re: Trouble Finding Hair/Makeup for Small Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Would it work to just book it prom type style and not tell them why you need it done.. can you just find a stylist and "fib" and tell them you and your mom are going for a night out and want to get your hair done. Or some sort of thing like that. I mean obviously stylists do updo's for prom that has similar hairstyles. :-\
    Posted by Darling070[/QUOTE]
    What a great way to start out your marriage.. on a lie. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the ones at the mall. They do brides all the time
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom and I were the only ones that had our makeup done (only one bridesmaid who did her own and 2 male bridesmaids). The lady who did mine is in Salem though.

I found her by going to the mac counter at Nordstrom and asking who did makeup for weddings. Try that!
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy Niemi at Bella Pearl Salon does great makeup, but I don't know if she'll travel, if that's something that's important to you.  If you call and talk to her, tell her Laura Lou Lou referred you to her.  She doesn't do hair, but there are several stylists there that would probably work something out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try emailing Tiffany. She's a pro for makeup and she can hook you up with a lady for hair. She's $120 for trial + day of and $55 for moms or bridesmaids. I found her on wedding wire.com. tiffanyvmacdonald@gmail.com The lady she suggested for hair is Bri at a salon on water ave and Taylor the building closest to freeway. Can't remember the names. I asked Nicole Wagner her prices and they were pretty steep... I think I'd stick with Tiffany's makeup. She has a website can't think of it but if you email her she'll give it to you. :) Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!  I'll check them out!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try calling Richard Herrera.  They have a salon downtown that does hair and makeup in house.  I don't imagine they would have an issue with just 2 people.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
    79image Will be joining the celebration
    67image Can't make it
    22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For hair try Brandon at the Clackamas Towne Center...he's at a nail salon near Sears bottom floor entrance. He only does hair and he is amazing!!! I worked for years at Nordtroms and when us girls needed our hair done for ANY occasion, he could do it. He's popular so book in advance. Also, I am a makeup artist and as to getting your makeup done at the store....DON"T !!! I managed cosmetic counters for years and I can tell you about wedding day disasters. They are busy on the weekends and have to help other customers so your time may run short, but do go to them for instructions on how to do your own makeup or ask them if they can do it on their own time. Most do, as I do and charge about $125 on up depending....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards