Not Engaged Yet
Options

I need a porpoisal. STAT.

Hey ladies!

I thought I should probably reintroduce myself.  I've been gone about a year, but before that was really active on NEY starting probably early 2011.

I'm 24, working as a nonprofit office manager in the DC area.  M is 27, working as an IT professional.  We've been together just about 3 years, and we've been living together since September.

I'm known around here as "you in the shark socks."  Please feel free to ask me anything, as I'm pretty terrible at knowing what people want to know.

I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I need a porpoisal. STAT.

• Options
    Ok more serious things :)

Tell us about your pet(s)?

How did you and M meet?

What sort of nonprofit do you work for? Did you go to college to work for a nonprofit specifically?

• Options
    Welcome back :)

• Options
    Welcome back!
  • Options
    welcome back!

Anniversary

• Options
    We don't have any pets, unless you count Rooney, our stuffed union jack bulldog, and the dust bunnies behind the couch.

We actually met in HS.  We reconnected after I broke off my engagement in 2011 because I was having a questionable rebound with his roommate.

I work for a science nonprofit.  I went to college for biology, did a couple rounds of grad school applications to study elasmobranch reproductive ecology (how/where/when sharks get it on), and it didn't work out.  So, now I'm here!
    I french with my man
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    hahaa your story sounds very similar to mine -- I knew bf from high school and reconnected a few years ago at a bar, while I was making some poor decisions.

Studying sharks sexual behavior sounds awesome! Is your nonprofit related to aquatic life, specifically sharks? 

What are you hobbies?

Guilty pleasure(s)?

• Options
    Oh hey there bestie. <3<3<3
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    Oh Hai! Welcome Back!
  • Options

Oooo, shark girl! I had about 12 pairs of socks with pandas on them at one point. It was only within the last two months that I got rid of the majority. It was a little depressing, but they were going unloved anyways.

I'm pretty darn new here. But I figured I'd say hi! :)

How's the porpoisal stuff going? Have you guys talked about it/a timeline?

• Options
    Hi! What do you do at the nonprofit?
  • Options
    Hello there!! 

How do you feel about Shark Week? Does it annoy you or fascinate you??

What is your favorite dessert??

Do you prefer movies or books??
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    Hiiiii! You have the best socks ever.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hahaa your story sounds very similar to mine -- I knew bf from high school and reconnected a few years ago at a bar, while I was making some poor decisions.

Studying sharks sexual behavior sounds awesome! Is your nonprofit related to aquatic life, specifically sharks? 

Unfortunately, no.  We're essentially a scientific society coalition.  I'm trying to get some more aquatic representation in our membership though.  We're seriously lacking.

What are you hobbies?

Books, Running, Quilting, Sex.  I think that covers my bases?

Guilty pleasure(s)?
    Disney channel.  It drives BF crazy.

AlPacina said:

Oooo, shark girl! I had about 12 pairs of socks with pandas on them at one point. It was only within the last two months that I got rid of the majority. It was a little depressing, but they were going unloved anyways.

It makes me sad your panda socks were unloved.  @Swazzle bought me my first pair of shark socks, and they have been my boot socks for two whole years now.  They're going a little threadbare, so @motolyn bought me a new pair this year.  I have the bestest friends ever.

I'm pretty darn new here. But I figured I'd say hi! :)

Hi :)

How's the porpoisal stuff going? Have you guys talked about it/a timeline?

Eh.  He just moved in over Labor Day weekend, so we're still getting settled.  Our original timeline was kids by the time he turns 30, which is now 2.9 years away, but he knows I want at least a year between proposal and wedding, and we'd both like at least a year between wedding and TTC, plus we want to buy a house at some point in there. Based on financial priorities prior to engagement, as well as the amount of money that we're going to need to come up with in the span of 2-3 years between engagement and kids, I'm going to run with "not any time soon."  Yay for changing priorities?

LabLove86 said:
    Hello there!! 

How do you feel about Shark Week? Does it annoy you or fascinate you??

I hate Shark Week.  It used to be really fun to play "which of the nerds do I know?" every year, but the amount of pseudoscience that they're now featuring makes me really angry.  The number of people who believe the pseudoscience is actually fact and not myth makes me even angrier.  I'm looking at you, people who think Megalodon is still out there.

What is your favorite dessert??

This is actually a really hard question for me!  I don't eat a ton of dessert since I'm gluten free.  I love the occasional GF Georgetown cupcake, I make a killer GF tiramisu once a year for M's birthday (his mom said it's the best she's ever had), and every now and again we'll grab a couple pastries from the GF bakery here.  I do love a pumpkin-banana milkshake post run though.  I should probably figure out how to recreate that once Trader Joe's doesn't have pumpkin ice cream anymore.  #stockupallthepumpkin

Do you prefer movies or books??

BOOKS.  I am a crazy person when it comes to books. I keep a minimum of 2 books on me in my normal purse at all times, unless I'm reading something the size of like, War and Peace.  I can't even own a kindle.  It breaks my heart too much.  Currently in my bag are Once a Runner and Fathers and Sons.

I do love movies, but I'm definitely the type that won't see the movie unless I've read the book. And when the movie doesn't fit the book, I'm one of the angry ones.  Like, the HP movies.  I have a laundry list of issues, at the top of which is Peeves.

I french with my man
  • Options
    @peekaboo2011  I was really disappointed with Harry Potter as well, especially the last 2 movies, but remind me about Peeves (it has been so long since I have read the books or watched the movies that I'm drawing a blank here).
  • Options
    @speakeasy14, Peeves is the poltergeist who lives at Hogwarts. Known for smashing up departments, unscrewing chandeliers, and generally making merry havoc.
  • Options
  • Options
    I really wanted Peeves to be in the movies too :( Although I am glad they cut SPEW. It was great for the books, but it would have slowed down the movies a bit. 

• Options
    How could I forget that!?!
  • Options
    photo karen_zpsbaac9f99.gif

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Thank you ladies, I will now be re-reading the entire HP series because I feel like I'm losing memories :)
  • Options
    Hi Peek!!  Welcome back!!
    Formerly doubless07
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards