Chit Chat
Options

Stupid Invitation Question

Okay ladies and gent,

This girl is an idiot.  I was just thinking about when to send out our invitations for our wedding in April, so we'll send them out late January/early February.  I just realized that we have people we're inviting from Germany, and last time we got a letter from them it arrived 6 months after they sent them. So now I'm freaking out a bit and need someone to to smack me and bring me back to reality.

Do I:

1)  Send the invitations with all the other invitations and hope they get there on time?
2)  Send a scanned copy of the invite and then one in the mail?
3)  Just send a scanned copy?

Thank youuuuu.

Re: Stupid Invitation Question

• Options
    We've got some friends in Taiwan. I facebook messaged them to ask if they wanted us to mail them the STD. They told us it would be prohibitively expensive to send it over, and if I wanted to just send them the image I used for it they'd print it out and hang it on the fridge.

Can't hurt to ask first.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    My sister lives overseas and i've found that mail we send TO her usually only take a couple weeks (as opposed to a couple days in states) but that mail we get FROM her is ridiculously late.  

I would make sure they know the date/relevant information/wedding website ASAP and send them images of STD's or invites at the time you're sending the rest.  I personally would send a "hard copy" as well on the off chance it gets there in time.  
  • Options
    I would call or email to say, "You're invited to the wedding, but because the invitations won't be ready to mail out until ___, I wasn't sure how long it'd take for you to receive it. So, I thought I'd give you a heads up. Would you like a scanned copy via email in the meantime?"
  • Options
    That's so strange! I mailed an invitation to Germany at the same time as our other invitations and it arrived within a couple of weeks. Maybe send one in the mail like you said and then email them with a scanned copy as a follow up just to make sure they get it? I don't know...we have had zero issues with mail and packages arriving promptly between us and our family in Germany so 6 months is just so crazy to me!

• Options
    We sent an invitation to Asia and to the Middle East and had no problems. I put a little slip of paper in the invitation, letting them know they could email their response to me if they preferred. 

• Options
    If you are worried, just contact them directly.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It seems like it's a crap-shoot.  First, I facebooked/emailed all my friends in Italy, Denmark, Croatia, and Germany ahead of time so that they knew the date and then I sent out the invitations later.  Some got the invitations after a couple of weeks, and some didn't get theirs until about a month after the wedding, even if they lived in the same country as the people who got theirs sooner.  It was weird.
  • Options
    We had similar issues because the SAPO is ALWAYS on strike. So we emailed our STDs, sent our international invites out mid-August (for wedding end-October), hand-delivered as many of the local ones as we could, mailed (beginning of September) the ones we weren't able to deliver ourselves, and then emailed a copy of the invite to the "posted" guests, just so we could be sure they had the details. AFAIK, there's still a handful of the invites that went by post that haven't arrived yet!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards