Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW kitchen

edited November 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Here are two pics of the new kitchen as promised.  H isn't too fond of the color the walls are painted.  He'd prefer a lighter bluish grey.  I like the pop of red though.

Anniversary

Re: AW kitchen

• Options
    Very nice! The backsplash is super pretty and I really like the flooring. We are in the middle of our kitchen update as well, we have painted the cabinets so far but we still need to do the backsplash and countertop. 

• Options
    Very nice! I love the backsplash with the walls -- the first picture seems to have some red in the backsplash that the paint picks up.
  • Options
    Very nice! I love the backsplash with the walls -- the first picture seems to have some red in the backsplash that the paint picks up.
    I wish the backsplash had some red in it.... it doesn't the red is a bit random but I don't know what other color would work.

Anniversary

• Options
    I wish the backsplash had some red in it.... it doesn't the red is a bit random but I don't know what other color would work.
    Hmm. I definitely see red tones in it.
  • Options
    I love the red. It gives it a ton of character, and it doesn't clash. The color your H wants would look fine, but it's a very safe choice that doesn't add to the kitchen.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    It looks nice.  If you did want to brighten it up, maybe like a 'terra cotta' color or look into a 'tuscan color palette', I agree that a 'blue' or 'slate' is a little too safe.  The monochrome colors are a little 'cool' as it is, so I like the 'warmth' the red adds to it.  It looks good the way it is.

Anniversary
  • Options
    WOW! It looks incredible!

• Options
    Looks great!!! I love the floors and the back splash!
  • Options
    I LOVE it.  So pretty!!  You guys did such a great job.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone I love it too. However H is a bit unhappy with how some of the tile are laid out, some are uneven and one tile we noticed was cracked the night after the contract left.  I believe he is coming back tomorrow to fix somethings for us.  I think for now we are going to leave the red.  We have too many other projects on the list we want to tackle.

Anniversary

• Options

It looks great! I love the backsplash and the floor tile, they look fantastic.

I would leave the red, blue or grey would be too cool and possibly boring. The red is more fun and warms up the black and white and grey.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Looks great and I love the flooring you chose! I am super jealous of all your home renovations!!

• Options
    I love the pop of red with the tile and backsplash!  And I am definitely showing this to bf since this is almost exactly what we were thinking of doing with the kitchen!
  • Options
    I love it! It looks fantastic!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Love it!  I would post a pic of my kitchen to say "at least it's not this" but yea, let's not do that until I have concrete plans on renovating our kitchen.  If it's not broke, don't fix it applies here!  :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Peaseblossom55 you sold him! Hahaha he's currently looking up pricing for that tile and comparing it to the square tiles. 
  • Options
    Love it, especially the floors!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards