Offbeat Weddings
Options

Wedding Ceremony with no reception, please help with ideas

I'm have a small wedding (well I don't know if you consider 80+ guest small) but we're not having a reception. I got engaged earlier this year and we decided to have our wedding next summer, but my fiancé mom has cancer and recently got really sick. So we decided to have a small wedding ceremony with no reception. After the ceremony we will be having a few appetizers, cake, and punch in the same venue. Any ideas on how to make this go by smoothly??

Re: Wedding Ceremony with no reception, please help with ideas

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your fiance's mother's illness. The purpose of a wedding reception is hospitality to thank your guests for attending the wedding ceremony. You need some sort of food and beverage and it sounds like you're on track with that with appetizers, cake, and punch. Having a non-meal reception is not uncommon. The important thing is to make certain to time it not during a mealtime so your guests are not expecting more or going hungry. For example, you could have a 2:00pm wedding ceremony followed by a 2:30pm appetizers, cake, and punch reception. 
  • Options
    You are having a reception—a cake and punch reception. PP is right: the key to this is to have it outside of mealtime.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Knottie75062302 said: I'm have a small wedding (well I don't know if you consider 80+ guest small) but we're not having a reception. I got engaged earlier this year and we decided to have our wedding next summer, but my fiancé mom has cancer and recently got really sick. So we decided to have a small wedding ceremony with no reception. After the ceremony we will be having a few appetizers, cake, and punch in the same venue. Any ideas on how to make this go by smoothly??

ETF: stupid boxes hate me every freaking time

Uh, this
    is a reception. Which is good, because you do have to feed everyone invited to the wedding something. Just make sure your ceremony is scheduled for, say, 2pm and you'll be absolutely golden.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards