Oregon
Options

Venue that allows me to have my own catering...ugh...

Is there anywhere in portland that that allows you to have your wedding and reception in the same spot AND allows you to supply your own caterer?  I'm getting so frustrated...

Re: Venue that allows me to have my own catering...ugh...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    www.northstarballroom.com

or a state park?
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    Poppy715Poppy715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue is Bridal Veil Lakes and it's gorgeous and they pretty much rent out their space and leave you be. Here's the website:

I also found a few more places when I was still looking
    you could try Lakeside Gardens and 

GL in your search!

(sorry about the crazy fonts I just cut and pasted) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Troutdale House next month...it's about $2200 but you can bring your own food no prob.
    Boyd & Jen 9.17.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got hitched (ceremony & reception) at the Columbia County fairgrounds in the pavillion. uber cheap and we could use whoever we wanted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." - Germaine Greer Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pacific Crest Ballroom in Oregon City, OR allows you to do everything yourself. The building's a little run down since it's in the Elk's lodge but the ballroom is nice, if you're looking for an indoor wedding. This was actually my second choice for my venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

DH and I got married at Leach Botanical Garden in July 2008 and we loved it. We had 65 guests. The venue has an old house with an updated kitchen on side, as well as a large patio with white tables/chairs, but they specify that you MUST provide your own catering. Sounds like it might work out well for you.  

DH and I rented our own buffet setup and saved a HUGE amount of money by having Pambiche Cuban restaurant deliver food, Beaverton Bakery deliver the cake, and providing our own drinks/alcohol. LBC requries that you provide event liability insurance if you server alcohol (ours cost $134.00), but I think that is pretty standard with any event.  

Just remember that if you are providing your own catering you will have to get people to help set up the food and bar. The staff at LBC are literally little old ladies, and they provide no support, only supervision. :)  Actually, DH and I really liked how hands-off they were about things.  Just be sure to hire or recruit help for food/alcohol setup, service and clean-up.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.leachgarden.org/
  • Options
    Same here! I am looking for month now and one beautful venue after another, ... yet they all require to use their catering or to have a licensed caterer. I would really love to have a potluck and lots of homemade at my wedding. Gives it so much more of a personal touch! 

I have been looking at farms around Oregon, because it fits the homemade style. Yet even those all require licensed caterer for insuarnce reasons. And I really don't like the things on the menues... 

I am also pretty frustrated... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So, 3 years later I am having a hard time finding a venue and someone told me to search "Potluck Wedding Portland" and your thread was the first thing I got. Glad to know it's not just me and I hope it worked out for you. Not happy that it was the first thing I saw.
    Also looking for a place that will allow us to serve our home brew. :(

In Response to <a href="http://portland-oregon.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_venue-allows-own-cateringugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:80b3b898-bea9-435d-b180-051d9cf3f143Post:1e135cc6-96f1-407f-bda9-c13671d0cb1b">Venue that allows me to have my own catering...ugh...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there anywhere in portland that that allows you to have your wedding and reception in the same spot AND allows you to supply your own caterer?  I'm getting so frustrated...
    Posted by shawnaknerr[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Try the Laurelhurst Club... totally DIY venue
  • Options
    dkurlydkurly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Also check out The Village Ballroom--you have to use their bartenders (but the fee they charge for that is next to nothing) and you can bring in whoever you want for catering. Pretty amazing deal. 
  • Options
    state parks its low on cost and not much in rules for what u can bring and not bring ...im doing one in a year and i lov that if i want drinks i can have it or if i want catering i cant have that too who ever i want as long as they can get to the place its all good !!! cant beat the price ether 300.00 for three areas of the park !!!!
  • Options
    If you have a caterer in mind, try asking them? One of the first caterers I talked to gave me a ton of ideas for local venues, bakeries, florists, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards