Oregon

Local (Portland) Wedding Classifieds?

I've seen a few places online where people list items for sale from their wedding - everything from dresses to decorations to linens, etc.  However, most of these sites tend to be national so finding something in your area is hit or miss, as is Craigslist.  Does anyone know of anything like this in the Portland/Salem area?  I have a bunch of ideas for decorations and centerpieces and thought it might be a good way to either get more ideas or find supplies for cheap!

Re: Local (Portland) Wedding Classifieds?

• edited December 2011
    There isn't anything like this that I've been able to find, and I looked like crazy for a lot of my decorations.

What type of stuff were you hoping to find? I'm selling most of my stuff and my wedding looks like it's 2 months before yours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

In the past, girls who had similar decor needs would split the cost of supplies and share them at their weddings.  Or someone who recently got married would come here and post pictures of their items for sale (or link to a Craigslist ad).  Many of the 2007 brides passed about a beverage bucket from one wedding to the next, which was pretty cool!

Get creative, and don't be afraid to pool resources.  Re-using is a good thing!

• edited December 2011
    I second the Craigslist stuff. That seems to be the best way to go. Which bums me out. I wish we lived closer like the East Coast brides!

My wedding is in September and I'm planning on selling off the cake stands, my chalkboard directional signs, the tall column centerpiece vases, etc. My colors are different from yours (I'm chocolate brown and light blue) but the glass stuff might work. I'll post pictures of the stuff as I get things done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards