Chit Chat
Options

Why is your screen name the way it is?

Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
edited November 2014 in Chit Chat
Why did you pick your screen name?

Mine is actually from back when I was in 6th grade. I carried sugar tablets in my bag for low blood sugar. I made friends in the girls bathroom with the 8th grade cheerleaders because they found out I had these "giant smarties" and liked them. I gave them some ever day and they called me the sugar girl haha. I used to use it as my AIM screen name back when that was the thing, and the numbers are my birthday. I was so young and impressionable thinking I was cool. I don't care if it sounds like a stripper name now. I'm marrriieedd.

image   image   image

Re: Why is your screen name the way it is?

• Options
    We're rock climbers and we originally wanted to incorporate that into our wedding (which we did, jsut the day before). And I live in NY. 
  • Options
    Winston was my hedgie.  I used it cos it was pretty personal for me yet anonymous enough for the internet.  

• Options

Things always seem to work out for me, even when they should totally end in disaster.  We call it my "Amber Luck."

23 is my lucky number.  My birth date adds up to 23, and I was born at 23:23.  I grew up in house #23.  I also chose my wedding date to add up to 23.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    kat1114kat1114 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    I like cats, but I figure adding the K made it seem more like real name instead of crazy cat lady. The numbers are just random numbers I hit. ETF: I forgot TheKnot added those numbers on for me since plain "Kat" was already obviously taken. And I just realized the numbers are our wedding date (November 2014). DUH! I should have had more coffee this morning.
  • Options
    Lacquered Lover is my blog/social media alias so I tend to use it for everything because I'm lazy.

I should totally revert back to my AIM name though.  It was Blabber20 haha.

• Options
    Jells is a family nickname. "2dot0" is because this is my second go-around on here. Version 2.0 is the new and improved Jells.

• Options

Jells is a family nickname. "2dot0" is because this is my second go-around on here. Version 2.0 is the new and improved Jells.

And the cancer free Jells!

image   image   image

• Options

AddieCake said:
    My name is Addie, and I have an intense love of cake.

Ditto this, except my name is a longer version of Cait and I love cupcakes. 9/27 was my wedding date. I was cakel24 when I first joined but didn't like how generic it was.
  • Options
    I'm a yarncrafter and I like to think I have a sense of humor.
  • Options
    My dad's been calling me Wandajune since I was little. It doesn't resemble my actual name at all. I used 6 because I needed a number.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm a writer and I love reading. It just seemed to work. If I went back to my jr high screen name I think it would be something like hotwheels. lol. 
  • Options
    My initials are S.T. and 3/3 is our anniversary. Super creative. My old screen name was GretchenLaRoux, which is one of my cats. 
  • Options
    I love bird stuff and worked at a bird store for 7 years. The store did not sell live birds, but instead it sold feeders, houses, yard accessories, and outdoorsy stuff. I am slightly bitter that bird stuff is so trendy, but it makes it easy to find stuff I like lol. 

• Options
    I like penguins. I needed numbers so I used my brother's hockey jersey number. Wedding date would have made too much sense. Haha. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    It is an old email address.

Also, my name is Sarah and I went to UF.
  • Options
    My name is Maggie and since I am not creative with numbers my birthday had to suffice.

• Options
    It's my typical internet alias, short for Sapphira (so "Phira" is pronounced" "FEAR-uh").
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Harry Potter love.  

I finally get to go the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando in September and I am beyond excited.

I mean....um....my best friend's wedding is down in Orlando that weekend....that's why I'm so excited.....

• Options
    I tend to be a very literal person.  I joined as an MOB and I have initials.  The story ends there.  I am grateful numbers were not required when I signed up for TK. 
  • Options
    My name is Lynze (my original user name) and it's pronounced like 'Lindsay.' Whenever someone who doesn't know me personally reads it, they always leave the 'e' off the end and just say "Linz." I've even had people argue with me before that the 'e' should be silent. Well it's not, bitches. This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, but I thought it made for a clever user name. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    I originally used a variation of my actual name and later realized that was a dumb move, so I switched it to something about my fiance because I am totally uncreative.  My AIM screen name used to be danddgirl after my dad's business.  I had no idea Dungeons and Dragons existed.  I disappointed a few d and d nerds out there :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My first AOL screen name was Fuzzbucket - my dad's nickname for me. I was 12. Internet creepos did not think it referred to my hair as a baby. :/
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    My name is Persian and rather difficult and hard to pronounce. When I went a blind date with FH, I joked and told him my name was Alexis, so that was the quickest screen name I thought of this site.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    DH calls me his mushroom or his little mushroom sometimes and I thought it was cute.

I think we were playfully arguing about how I think mushrooms are gross but he loves them. I probably said something like, "You're a weirdo" to which he responded "You're a mushroom!" Then when I acted offended, he said "It's ok because you're MY little mushroom and I love you."

So now whenever we are being goofy and cuddly he calls me his mushroom. He never uses sweet nicknames, but this one stuck and has become a "thing."
  • Options
    I signed up for TK, and couldn't think of a name, and I just wanted to make the account so I could browse whatever it was I needed to that day on the site. Pinkcow13 used to be an old password of mine, so I just used it as my SN.

I chose Pinkcow as a SN because, I just imagined up a pink cow when I was trying to think of something crazy for a SN. And 13 is my favorite number. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards