Chit Chat

How many roommates have you had?

2»

Re: How many roommates have you had?

• I guess I've lived with....seven people.  SO and I live with three of his siblings right now (who drive me a little crazy, but that's another story). 

My takeaway from roommates is that aside from SO, I need my own room or else I start to get really irritated.  

• sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    H is the only roommate I have ever had. I kinda like him a little bit.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 4 years in the dorms during undergrad
    Year 1 - 1 room, 4 girls (so 3 roommates and it sucked)
    Year 2 - room to myself
    Year 3 - In the middle of three adjoining rooms, so my own room but shared bathroom (2 roommates)
    Year 4 - 4 bedroom apartment (3 roommates)
    1 summer sublet in a house (2 roommates)
    1 year with 2 roommates in a condo, first year of grad school. They kicked me out so I moved in with DH and we've been living together ever since. We started in a basement apartment. No pets but so many mice. We moved to an apartment after that. He got transferred to BC and I had to finish my degree so I stayed with a friend in her townhouse with 3 roommates and 2 cats. Moved to BC to be with DH. We lived in a 4plex with BSC neighbours. Moved into our condo and convinced the landlord to get a kitty after year 1.

Anniversary
  • Let see... 
    2 years of college living in a 5 bedroom house: 6 (although there was usually at least 8 people in the house at any given moment)

Then I lived on my own for 3 years because I was sick of people.

Then I bought my own house and immediately lost my job so had to get roommate to cover my mortgage. Had 4 roommates over the course of 3 years

Then met my FI. he's my favorite roomie.

So: Since I moved out 11 years ago: 1 house, 2 apartments, 2 townhouses, 11 roommates, 

Not too shabby.
  • God...I don't even think I could do the math required to figure this out. At one point we lived in a house with a rotating cast of roommates. At any given point there were 4-9 people (including us) living there. And they changed out weekly. 

I'd say at least...30. Give or take a few. 

When I first moved out I moved in 4 other college kids (in a three bedroom apartment), then there was the rotating group when FI and I first lived together, she only dealt with that for a year, then we moved in with my best friend and his then boyfriend, then we moved in with my other friend and one of his friends, then we lived with three of her law school friends who did not apperciate my late hours so we moved shortly thereafter, lived with some of my artist buddies in a loft, lived with another lesbian couple for awhile...finally we just got our own damn apartment, and a year later bought our condo.

We were very nomadic for a long time.
  • I grew up sharing my room with one or more younger sibling until I was like 16? When I went to college, I had 2 randomly assigned roommates my first semester, then a different randomly assigned roommate the second semester. After that, I always had a double room to myself (perks of being an RA) until I moved in with DH over 11 years ago.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I have lived in 5 apartments and one house, excluding parental housing and the month and a half last year when I bummed in FI's apartment (and my BFF's apartment and the public library and just about everywhere else) because I was too afraid of my roommates to go home. In those 6 living quarters, I have had 16 people roommates, 9 canine roommates and one cat roommate. 
    Year 1: Two different 4-BR apartments (got moved once thanks to BSC neighbors), 2 people, one dog
    Year 2: Same (2nd) apartment as Year 1, 3 people, one dog
    Years 3 and 4: 3-BR apartment, 2 people, 1-3 dogs
    Year 5: Same 3-BR, 2 people, 1 cat, one BF who was cool but also constantly there
    Year 6: 3-BR house, 2 people, 2 dogs
    Year 7: Two 4-BR apartments (see below), total of 5 people, 2 dogs.

Last year (Year 7), the three girls I was originally living with made me feel so threatened and afraid that I didn't go home for longer than a couple hours after about a week of their having moved in and I quit going home entirely from about the middle of September until the first of November, They cussed me out via text message because I left messes in an apartment and bathroom I didn't use, cussed me out for complaining to the apartment complex about their music volume (which - again - didn't live there), and made me so afraid to go anywhere near the whole building that when I needed clothes (and when I finally managed to move out) I waited for all three of their cars to be gone - ALL for my having asked that they pay their portion of the bills on time so that I could pay them on time, and not to open mail addressed to me (after they had done so several times). I obviously got moved eventually but it took me two months to figure out how to get an outcome that would work for me.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • 1 dorm, 6 apartments, 1 boyfriend, 2 roommates, 2 sisters, 1 fiance now husband, 4 cats ... only two of those cats weren't evil.
  • I should add - I have never had a roommate as in sharing a room. Even when I stayed in a dorm-type place for summer semester in Quebec I had my own room, thankfully. I think actually sharing a bedroom is a whole different kettle of fish than sharing a house.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards