Not Engaged Yet
Options

OLW

Getting this started early today cause I keep missing out! :)

~~~

Dear photographer,

I can't wait for our sneak peek at the end of the week!! So excited that our pictures are nearly ready!!!

Love, your client who is going to send you an awesome thank you note and giftcard!

~~~

Dear H,

Sorry I was grumpy at other drivers this morning. It just really irritates me when I get stuck behind people who insist on doing their makeup in their car and start swerving and braking like idiots while they try to apply mascara.

Love, your wife who just wants to not sit in traffic

~~~

Dear Starbucks Chestnut Praline Latte,

How could I have forgotten you this morning??? I swear I'll make up for it tomorrow!

Love, someone who pays way too much for so-so coffee

~~~

Dear wallpaper,

Take down yourself.

No love, girl who wishes she had money to hire someone to do it for her

Re: OLW

• Options
    dear polar vortex,

I hate the cold, but somewhere deep inside I'm excited to be wearing my warm, cozy open cardigan today.  it just feels like wearing jammies!

no love...  well, maybe a tiny bit,
    Coco

dear dry air,

geez, my hair is sticking up everywhere!  what is with all this static???

looking-like-a-chia-pet,
    Coco
  • Options
    Dear Maddux,

I think you get possessed sometimes by some evil spirit that makes you go insane. I wish this didn't happen because it's scary. You are nice around Daddy but you get possessed around me. I think training school may come sooner rather than later.

Love,
    Mommy

Dear Crossfit,

I think this will be my last month of enjoying all your super crazy workouts. It's time for H and I to really focus on saving and you're quite expensive. Back to P90x videos.

Love,
    Avid CrossFitter who is going to miss my Box and competition drive

Dear potential Realtor,

I hope we like you and that you can help us find a house that's perfect for us. H says you're good at your job so I'm going to trust him on this one.

Love,
    Girl who wants to own her house.

• Options
    Dear chicken piccata,

I cannot wait for April to eat you again. You were so very delicious that even my somewhat picky FI loved you.

Love,
    The eater of all the chicken piccata
    ---
    Dear apple and raisin compote on the ham,

You were pretty darn good too.
    ---
    Dear NSF,

Could you not bury your required budgetary information quite so far in the site?

Thanks muchly,
    The one trying to help the PIs out
    ---
    Dear rocket propulsion homework,

When did you start to look like thermo again?

No love,
    You're due tomorrow and I have no freaking clue how to do you
    ---
    Dear FI,

We both woke up in really bad moods. Sorry I snapped at you. Not sorry I told you you need to wear gloves when it's this cold outside.

Love,
    FI
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - sounds like Maddux doesn't think you are pack leader!  ;)  sometimes Bax won't mind me, but he minds H for sure!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF -I have no idea. I've done the same training that H has and I don't let him get away with things so I'm curious about it. 
  • Options

Dear @KeptInStitches,

Please share some of your wedding food with us! Chicken piccata sounds sooooo delicious right now!

Love, a hungry person

~~~

@southernpeach89 I'm sorry Maddux is being a devil dog. It sounds like you may need more one on one training time to establish authority. It could just be a stage he is in right now too... :( For awhile Cinders was starting to try to push her boundaries and it felt like we had to train her all over again.

• Options
    Dear DD,

I know you're turning 10 this week, but can you please go back to being a kid? Not some tween who is talking back and being disrespectful. You're really giving your wild little sister a run for her money. I expect those things from her, but not from you.

Love,
    I'm still your mom whether you like it or not

-------------------------------

Dear H,

Holy hell last night was insane. I'm glad we were together for that one. Lots more praying and lots more talking to be done to get this one back on track. I'm not sure how we ended up so far off the path.

Lots of love,
    Wifester

Dear Little DD,

Ok, for once it wasn't you last night. But I'm still upset with you that I went out and bought you new pants because the others were "lost" when they turned out to be shoved under the bathroom sink! THE HAMPER WAS RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR! Why?! Why?!

Love,
    I still love you, especially because you weren't the sassy one

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Dear BF,

I'm really glad that we're in such a good place right now.  I promise that, for once, I will try to keep my head through conference season and not turn into a giant bitch.

All the loves,
    Girlfriend

--
    Dear Work,

Stop.

No Love,
    Frazzled.

--
    Dear NEY,

I missed you bitches.

Love,
    Peek
    I french with my man
  • Options

Dear Arizona,

I can't wait to be in you. It's gonna be so warm.

Dear @southernpeach89,

My pup did the same thing to me right after we got him from the shelter. It's because I was his buddy, and my BF was the alpha. So he would play super rough with me and go all crazy. I got hurt a few times too. Basically I just have to exercise the shit out of him. And I was the one that took him to ALL of his training classes. He listens to my commands better than BF now, after 6 months.

Dear self,

I'm not getting proposed to next week. That is clear. It doesn't mean I'm not awesome or loveable. Please don't let the weather and reduction in exercise bring down your mood too much.

• Options

@SouthernPeach89 - Do you feed him (Maddux) or your H?  You might try hand feeding him for a while to re-establish "Nothing in Life is Free" training.

------------------------

Dear H,

Just a few days to Mexico!!!

-Excited W

---------------------

Dear Self,

Congrats on the weight loss but keep it up and don't stuff your face (too much) in Mexico.

-Girl Currently Eating Popcorn Who Shouldn't Be

-------------------

Dear Presentation tomorrow,

Please go well...please.

-I have Power Point Slides

• Options
    @minskat30 -It's pretty even with the both of us feeding him. We make him wait for this dinner though. So, I'll set the bowl down and I won't let him start eating until I tell him to. He is pretty good about it. 

@AlPacina -I hope that once training gets going he will know that I'm the boss too and not just H. H spent a lot of time over the Summer training him when he was on break so I think that might contribute to it as well.
  • Options

Dear homegirl from high school,

It was so good to see you yesterday and exercise and catch up! You are good for me. We need to hang out more often again now that we'll have schedules that align!

Love,

Your fraaaand

Dear abs,

Feel that? That is the sensation of awesome. (It feels suspiciously like OWWWW.)

Love,

The body that is going to be working you a lot harder from now on, because endorphins

Dear new job,

I'm so excited to start you I can't even stand it!

Love,

Your new psych nurse!

• Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Dear Cold Weather,
    I LOVE YOU! I don't care that I'm in the minority here. I love late fall/winter. I was born in the wrong part of the world.
    Love,
    Wannabe Snow Bunny

Dear Smoke Detector,
    3:30AM is not a great time for you to start chirping about your battery. 
    No love,
    SLEEPY

Dear Wedding Industry,
    You are insane. My wedding's going to end up being planned in a few months, and then I'll just be sitting around twiddling my thumbs until next October. That is so dumb.
    No love,
    Future Bride

Dear FI,
    I don't mean to be a nag, but we really do need to start focusing on your resume this week. It doesn't look like your contract will be renewed in February, so we need to either find you a new contract or find you a legit job. The legit job would be preferable at this point so that you can have benefits--- $600 per month to add you to my health insurance is bonkers. Either way, we need to be proactive about your career!
    All the love,
    Well-Meaning FI
    PS: It's super cute that you sent me a link to a bunch of Jim Shore Disney figurines and said they would be good cake toppers. I love that you are so involved in our wedding and look at things like cake toppers in your free time. You are the bee's knees.

Dear Pregnant Coworker,
    You are the cutest pregnant lady ever. I'm so excited to help plan your work shower next month. Yay!
    Love,
    Your Really Excited Coworker

ETA: 
    Dear Gym,
    I miss you. I really really do. Hopefully next week I'll be consuming enough calories to return to you. Right now I've increased my average intake from 1000 calories to 1100 calories, so I'm getting close. 
    Love,
    Girl recovering from a stupid gum graft :(
    PS: It is kind of nice to have lost approximately 5 pounds. Of course, it was done in a terrible way and will more than likely immediately return once I'm able to eat normally, but it's still been kinda nice.

• Options
    LaPeanut1018 I am amazed and terrified whenever someone tries to do their makeup while driving, especially anything with eyes.  -- Also, sponge down wallpaper with vinegar water, wallpaper comes off a lot faster.

Dear bf,

You're doing an amazing job on the house.  I cannot wait to start painting and decorating.  Also, cannot wait for date night this weekend so we can eat all the food and drink all the alcohol.

Love always, Your gf

Dear baby sister,

Ugh why must you be so difficult to shop for?! I am having the hardest time finding the specific sweater that you would like for your birthday and really don't want to give you a giftcard.  You may have to just be happy for whatever awesome outfit I pick out for you.

Love, your big sister who can't find a cable knit tunic anywhere

Dear physical therapist,

I'm actually excited to see you tonight and get some real exercise done.  Hoping we tackle stairs today since that is most difficult for me right now.

From your client who is so excited to be independent again
  • Options

Dear kitty,

Can you please somehow get better. We love you and would like to have you around for a lot longer.

Love,

Kitty Mama

Dear director,

A call tonight casting me in one of my dream roles would really make me happy. 

Love,

Hopeful Actress

Dear kitchen,

I love you and I'm so glad you are finished. 

Happy Homeowner

Dear H,

This is probably one of the worst times, we've gone through right now.  I wish I could make the hurt and sadness go away.  I wish we could magically make her better and be a happy kitty again.  I have some small hope the scan tomorrow will give us some positive news. I love you so much.

Love,

Me

Anniversary

• Options
    Dear Clients at Work,

Why you being so cray?

Signed,
    Wish I had popcorn, cuz this is hilarious!
    ---

Dear Therapist,

It's WEDNESDAYYYY!

Signed,
    Crazy patient
    ---

Dear DH,

Cannot WAIT for this weekend where neither of us has to work and we can snuggle. 

Love,
    Wifey who gets exhausted by the grind and misses you

---

Dear Self,

Focus on work and be motivated.

Signed,
    Stop being lazy

---

Dear WholeFoods,

$10 pizza night?

Yes please!
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - I've never done it on my hair, but I've used them on my tights/clothes.  my hair is curly and the rule is "DON'T TOUCH!".  sometimes I'll put some oil on my hands and run that over my hair, I might need to just up the conditioning this winter.
  • Options

Dear Florist,

You took for-effing-ever to get us a quote, but it's okay because you were sick and your quote is so much lower than I expected!!! I love your quote and will give you that very reasonable amount of money...and maybe more because now we might be able to do more decorating! YAY!

Love, the bride that you know isn't crazypants (you said so yourself)

--------------------------------------

Dear work,

I told you I needed Friday off, and said appointments when you asked why. Except my only appointment is to be at the beach in Florida with FI.

Sorrynotsorry

--------------------------------------

Dear FI,

I love you. You're cute and nice. I'm looking forward to our date night tonight and our date weekend in Florida!

All the loves, your FI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Dear @lapeanut1018,

I've never been good at this "sharing" thing ... no. My food. All mine.

Love,
    The bad dieter
  • Options
    Okay, I have seen OLW multiple times and tried looking it up. What does it stand for?

• Options
    TwoDimes said:
    Okay, I have seen OLW multiple times and tried looking it up. What does it stand for?

@chemfanatic25, OLW stands for Open Letter Wednesday.
    Thanks @TwoDimes! I've seen it multiple times and never thought to ask until now.
  • Options
    Dear FI,

I love you extra lately. Especially since the other night you sleepily/drunkily said to me "I love your sweet face." And then you pretended not to remember saying that the next morning.

xoxo,
    Your favorite FI

-------------------------------------------

Dear Pup,

Y U BITE YOUR MAMA????? That HURT.

FRIENDS OFF.

Less love than usual,
    Mom

-----------------------------------------------

To be continued.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @cu97tiger‌, you're so pretty!! In case you forgot. :)
  • Options
    Dear students,

Thank you for coming to all of my office hours so far and making it TOTALLY worth it that I'm having extra ones. Seriously. I'm really happy.

----------

Dear future parents-in-law,

I could not have asked for better in-laws. Thank you for letting us come over on your wedding anniversary to have dinner, use your washer and dryer, and finish building our chuppah. I get really emotional every time I think about how much you do for your children and your daughters-in-law, entirely out of love.

----------

Dear J,

Fucking 4 more days, what even is this

----------

Dear work scanner,

Y U NO WORK

----------

Dear NEY,

Which one of you was interested in how we're building our chuppah because you want to build one? Because I am 100% totally up for shipping it to you if you want it. I hate throwing things away, and it'll save you a lot of time and about $200.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Dear @cu97tiger,
    Hey there, pretty lady! Seriously, that pic is gorgeous. 

• Options

Dear @cu97tiger,

First off, that picture is amazing. Quit your job and be a model, woman!

On Friday night I will end up in Tucson to visit my brother's family. Sunday we are driving to Flagstaff, and then we're spending Monday at the Grand Canyon! Flying out of Phoenix on Tuesday.

• Options

Dear @cu97tiger

SO pretty! So very very pretty :)

love love love

Dear office,

Please order me a humidifier. It's only November and the dry air is killing me!

Love, the employee with nosebleeds and lizard hands

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Dear Wednesday,

How are you only Wednesday? This is chaos. I want Friday!

Love,
    Having a holiday screwed up my sense of when the week ends

@southernpeach89 good luck with the realtor!!! Don't be afraid to switch realtors if you don't click!

Dear pot roast,

You better be done at 6:30. I'm starving

Love,
    Wife who cooks awesome meals on Wednesday lol

Dear throat,

Stop hurting every other day!

No Love,
    Sick of this teacher cold

Dear toaster strudels,

I love you.

So much love
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards