Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday!

2»

Re: Thursday!

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I covered hair for my BM and VIP guests; they did not want makeup done.  I basically asked them if they wanted to hair and/or makeup; if they said yes - I put them in my contract and paid for them.  I think proper etiquette says if you are requiring them to have their hair done professionally, you should pay for it and it's not supposed to count as their gift.

Anniversary
  • Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @LaPeanut1018 Thank you! That's definitely a great point about the makeup. I know my skin is really sensitive, and I'm picky about my makeup. Hair I'm terrible with, and updos can be tricky. I think covering the cost of hair would be the best option... and the most inexpensive too. My hair stylist offered to do BM hair for $60 per person, which is a really great deal. I'm verifying with her now that she'll stick to that price if I cover the cost for all 6 of the BMs plus me... she may opt to increase it or add an assistant with that many people. The makeup quote I got from a local lady was pretty decent too... $75 per person. I could give them the option of having her do their makeup too, and they would just pay for it themselves. I'll have to think about it a bit more though. 

@peaseblossom55 I may give them the option of using my people or not like you did. I just feel like I should cover the cost of something because we've been discussing everyone going to Vegas for the bachelor/bachelorette, which would be expensive. Plus there's the cost of the dress too. I just don't want anyone spending a small fortune on my wedding and stressing about it. I want everyone to be comfortable and feel pretty on the big day.

@Dignity100 I don't plan on requiring it per se, I just figured it would be a nice gesture. I've never been a BM, so I'm not sure how common it is for brides to cover anything beauty related. Their BM gifts definitely aren't wedding related though. Nothing will say "bridesmaid" on it, and nothing will be used in the wedding because those things aren't really gifts in my mind. I'm leaning towards paying for one service and giving them the option to pay themselves for the other service. Just trying to figure out which one to cover. :) Thank you for the input! I really appreciate it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228, I'm covering hair and makeup for my MoH and my mom, if they want it. It's a family friend who's going to be doing hair, so I don't want her to feel like we're taking advantage of her, and she's agreed to do these.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - Why not ask them which they'd prefer?  I know, given the choice, I would probably choose hair, but I have long hair and stink at doing updos.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @KeptinStitches My hairstylist has become a close friend too, so I understand what you mean about not wanting to take advantage of them. I'm double checking to make sure my hairstylist is comfortable with it and not overwhelmed or anything. I told her that I'd definitely do a deposit and request a contract too. Definitely want to do everything by the book. Thanks for the advice! The trend seems to be to cover one or both, although not covering any is perfectly acceptable too. I have plenty of options.

• Options
    @Dignity100 That's definitely an option too. I have some BMs with short hair, so they may not want anything done. I suppose adding people to contracts isn't a big deal, right? 

• Options
    @phira I hope you have an amazing wedding weekend!

• Options
    OMG @Phira, 3 days!  How the hell did that happen?!?!?
  • Options
    @phira - AAAAAH!  Wedding weekend!  I hope everything goes according to plan and you can just relax and enjoy!
  • Options
    @phira, yay wedding weekend! Have a wonderful relaxing wedding!
  • Options
    @phira thank you! I was able to get my tests done early so yay for being done with needles today.  OMG 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay wedding weeekend, have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute of it!

Anniversary

• Options
    Thank you everyone!! I still can't believe it's THIS weekend. We're taking next week off to relax and recover, so I'll be around to recap :)
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

@Phira - Your wedding is so close! How freaking exciting! And way to have a plan! That will help your stress so much.

------------------------

I missed all my nephews' birthdays this year, so I just went to Target and bought them over-sized Jenga, which is awesome. The youngest will probably always knock it over, but it should be fun. It starts off at over 2 feet tall, so it can only grow from there!

And then I also got them one of those things with a bunch of pins sticking out, then when you press your hand or face against them they push out the opposite direction and form to that shape. You know what I'm talking about. I always wanted one when I was little, but never got to have one. I'm hoping for "coolest aunt" of the year, since I'll have been the only one who got to visit AND I brought presents, haha.

• Options
    @AlPacina Where did you find the Giant Jenga game? Was it super expensive? I think this would be the coolest Christmas gift ever for H's niece and nephew.

• Options
    @Phira, where are you honeymooning?
  • Options
    @loves2shop4shoes We're just taking a week off and staying home, but from Dec 27 - Jan 3 ... we're in Chicago :D:D:D (soooooo lemme know if you wanna meet up!)
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

@LaPeanut1018 - I found it at Target. It was in with all of the lawn dart/badminton type games. But it was 70 bucks :S I figured that it was 3 kids' presents for two occasions, so I could splurge. It has a nice carrying case with a handle and everything.

@ALL - I am two "Love It"s away from the 100 mark. Is that worth loving? :P

• Options
    Happy Wedding Weekend @phira!!!
    I french with my man
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches & @TwoDimes - You two are so freakin fabulous. I can't link things on my work computer, because it is terrible, but please look up "Wind Beneath My Wings" on youtube, play it loud, and know that I am dedicating the chorus of that song to you right now.

• Options
    phira said:
    @loves2shop4shoes We're just taking a week off and staying home, but from Dec 27 - Jan 3 ... we're in Chicago :D:D:D (soooooo lemme know if you wanna meet up!)
    Um.  Yes.  Absolutely!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards