Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Do we really need programs?

Are programs necessary? I can imagine all the programs ending up in the garbage, and I'd prefer to save the paper. Thoughts?

Re: Do we really need programs?

• Options
    No they are not necessary.  Unless you are having a super complicated ceremony or a ceremony where parts are spoken in a different language, then programs can be left off your list of things to do.

• Options
    No they are not necessary.  Unless you are having a super complicated ceremony or a ceremony where parts are spoken in a different language, then programs can be left off your list of things to do.
    Fantastic, thanks. No programs it is! 
  • Options
    No, programs aren't necessary. Save the effort and money it would take to create something that's going to end up in the trash.

• Options
  • Options
    My mom wants me to do them, but I'm probably going to skip out on them. That's just one more thing that we have to buy or print. We are considering doing a cute sign outside. Pinterest has a bunch that say something like "5pm- we say I DO, 6pm- we all eat, 7pm- everyone dances!" or other variations. To me, most people have an idea of what is going on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mom wants me to do them, but I'm probably going to skip out on them. That's just one more thing that we have to buy or print. We are considering doing a cute sign outside. Pinterest has a bunch that say something like "5pm- we say I DO, 6pm- we all eat, 7pm- everyone dances!" or other variations. To me, most people have an idea of what is going on.

Right? Wedding ceremonies, at least the ones I've seen, all tend to be extremely similar. I've never even seen a program until I heard about them here like a year ago. They seem completely unnecessary.
  • Options
    If people have an idea of what is going on, you don't need a sign, "cute" or otherwise.  And many people, myself included, are put off by Pinterest "cutesiness."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards