Wedding Invitations & Paper

Return Address

Fiance and I both currently live with our parents. We are also hosting our own wedding (invitation is being worded: together with their parents....). So what return address do I use for our invitations. MY name and address? BOTH our names and my address? My mother's name and address? I think most of the people we are inviting know that we do not live together but I thought with both names and then my address it may confuse some people in the future when we do move in together after the wedding. Also, I mainly use a PO Box, but I can get mail to my house. Is it weird to address it to PO box even though that's where the majority of our mail goes? 

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Return Address

• Someone will correct me if this is inappropriate, but I've seen RSVP cards with just an address and no name on it. That wedding was hosted by both sets of parents and they cards were sent to the bride's apartment, which I only know because I know her address. 

• We didn't live together or with our parents, all our parents were hosting, and the RSVP's were addressed to me because I wanted to keep track of the guest list.  The return address on our actual invitations was also my address, but I did not use my name.  
  • We already lived together but I still addressed the  rsvp's just to me just to keep it simple.   I originally had purchased a stamp with just our first name's on it and address, I was gong to use, but it didn't come in time.   I think it's fine to put just your name and a PO box, if that is what you mainly use.  On wedding's I have attended, I have honestly paid no attention to the return address on the envelope. 
  • jenni1221 said:
    We already lived together but I still addressed the  rsvp's just to me just to keep it simple.   I originally had purchased a stamp with just our first name's on it and address, I was gong to use, but it didn't come in time.   I think it's fine to put just your name and a PO box, if that is what you mainly use.  On wedding's I have attended, I have honestly paid no attention to the return address on the envelope. 
    thanks! I was going to use a stamp also, but I think I'm just going to write it. We have about 100 so it shouldn't be too bad. I think we are just going to put my name and address on it since I'm the one with the big list of invites for us to check off. I'm glad to hear it doesn't matter much, but I wanted to be sure there wasn't any "rules" I was unaware of :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Smith-Jones Wedding
    Your address
    City, State zip
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We did The Smith/Jones wedding, as CMGr suggested, on the RSVP envelopes and just our address on the invitation envelopes.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards