Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding Photography Help!

We are getting married June 7th at the Paris Hotel in Vegas. We got one of their packages which includes 30 minutes of pre-wedding photography, 15 minutes of post-wedding photography, and a studio session for the bride and groom. We have to use their photographer for this. We can add 1 hour on property photography time for $175 or off-property for $275 (transport not included). It is $500 for full rights without the extra hour and $900 for for full rights with the extra hour.

With this in mind, and the fact the the photography is actually really important to me, I'm trying to decide what to do. I'm going back and forth between adding the extra time with this photographer, seeing if I can find a photographer who will just do some pre- and/or post-ceremony stuff, or even just getting someone here in Chicago and doing some photos here when we get back (though this will be another day of paying for a tux, hair, and makeup).

Does any one have any thoughts on this or even recommendations for a photographer they used in Vegas?

Re: Wedding Photography Help!

• Options
    Glitter Lens has a great "idle time" program. So when they are not taking photos you only pay them $25/hour and their packages are great. So you could use them before/after and then pay for their idle time when you have to use the Paris photographer. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I paid $900 for Bentley and Wilson for 8 hours of photos.. with all images in digital format. So I would definitely recommend you shop around before paying that much money for 2 hours of photos.

• Options
    I would search. We're using Gardenia Lane and paying $731.25 for 5 hours (she had a special going if booked by the end of Oct.) with two photographers and a CD of the images.
  • Options
    Damn it @eriandmarie! I wish I knew about her sooner! That is an amazing deal! I wonder if she'll match it :) 

Have you seen any of her photos on the strip? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @hmgiffor I know! I lucked out! I contacted her a couple days before the end of Oct. so it worked perfectly! I haven't! I haven't seen any of the strip, I booked rather fast! lol.
  • Options
    Ok one more question @ericandmarie....are you doing a Strip renewal meaning are you renewing your vows in a chapel/location on the strip? Are you doing strip photos?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @hmgiffor Yes! We're doing this a bit nontraditional (ie. etiquette boards nightmare). We were married 6 years ago (on our vow renewal date) at the JOP and now doing a vow renewal at Aria Chapel followed by the DDB strip photo tour, dinner at Wicked Spoon and an after party at PBR Rock Bar.
  • Options
    I just talked to Mary...she is AMAZING!!!! Now I am really torn between her and Glitter Lens. I have talked to both. Mary was super enthusiasitc but is obviously newer to the wedding scene. Mike at Glitter lens was blah ("oh yea I've done that many many times") but obviously has the experience. Hmmmmm.......

Mary mentioned she had a wedding in January at Aria. I told her you were the one who recommended me! Maybe she will give you a referral bonus :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @hmgiffor Her enthusiasm was ultimately reason I booked with her. She just seemed to truly LOVE what she does, was really quick to reply and overall just excited. After contacting what feels like every photographer in the valley I decided to take a 'chance' with someone newer to the scene, especially because I love her style of photography and again she just seemed excited to be able to share this day with you. I also love that her 'assistant' is her husband. 

If I didn't find her my other top pick (besides Meg Meyer - communication was AWFUL!) was Gin & Sake.

I'm sure whatever you pick will turn out fabulous!
  • Options
    I hafta tell you guys - WRITE A LIST and Give your photographer or your personal coordinator everything you want to do because you WILL NOT remember shit the day of! I missed specific shots I wanted because of this and it's gonna piss me off for the rest of forever! LOL - I also came home and did a reshoot because of photos that were missed. So things to remember: List, Examples, and Keep Your Head up! My head was down during my speech, dance w/ my hubby & dad, it was like I was hiding in so many shots and it seriously pissed me off that the photographer didn't say chin up!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh and my disc I got from Cashman only 4 photos out of 200 were edited. I brought my disc to a photo studio and had to pay them to touch up all the pics - But that's because I'm neurotic. Really they were all fine I just want perfect
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards