Snarky Brides

"MY" not "I's" ... TK snark

2»

Re: "MY" not "I's" ... TK snark

• I can't stand the improper pluralizing.  Maid of Honors is wrong, it's Maids of Honor.  I just read a thread where someone said Son of a Guns, instead of Sons of Guns.

And mixing up Then and Than bugs me too.
  • hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    lolo883 said:
    levioosa said:
    Your really going to regret judging SS's who are obviously the most important thing to they're familys.  There familys will totally not be effected by who walks who down the isle or who gets to stand at the alter.  Their will be a cash bar but its not rude.  

It was seriously hard for me to write that.  I really had to push myself to bad grammar.  haha
    @levioosa, alter and isle are the ones that bug me on this forum!  The thing in the church is an altar, alter is what you do to your dress if it doesn't fit.  You walk down the aisle to meet your groom, and you might take your honeymoon on a tropic isle. 

I'm no grammar angel.  I make mistakes, and I am a terrible typist, so I'm sure I've posted some doozies here, but these two really get to me.  And double negatives.  Can't stand 'em.
    You mean grammar angle? ;-) 

I need that shirt!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• While this isn't exactly grammar, one girl on my FB feed consistently refers to her sister as "seester". She probably thinks it's a cute pet name, and may was when she was 13 but not at 32 damn years old.
  • While this isn't exactly grammar, one girl on my FB feed consistently refers to her sister as "seester". She probably thinks it's a cute pet name, and may was when she was 13 but not at 32 damn years old.
    Yeah, I do that.  I'm 38.  Oops.
  • As an editor who works in academia, this thread gives me life.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The grammatical error that drives me crazy, and many of my highly intelligent and educated friends make all the time is when they post a photo on Facebook and write "So-and-so and I in front of such-and-such place".

Here's a trick: if you can't figure out whether to use "me", "my", or "I" in a sentence where you're also referring to someone else, take the other person out of the sentence and try it. "I in front of the Eiffel Tower" for example, sounds very wrong.

My fiancee also used to make this mistake, until I berated him once :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards