Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Wedding Day Timeline

This is my wedding day timeline. Am I being too nit-picky/strict or am I on the right track?? Please let me know! :D

Important Notes:

·        Only 7 hours of photography* (about 2:45pm-9:45pm)

·        2 photography locations: Hanley House and Space 15

·        3 Wedding Event Locations: Home, Hanley House, Space 15

Schedule:

·        9:30-10:30am – Breakfast and Prep

·        10:30am-2:00pm – Hair, Make Up, Dress, Prep

·        2:00-2:30pm – Break, Snack, Prep, and Flowers Arrive

·        2:30-3:00pm – Drive to Hanley House and Snack

·        3:00-4:00pm – Bride and Groom First Look and Pictures*

·        4:00-5:00pm – Bridal Party Pictures*

·        5:00-5:30pm – Family Pictures*

·        5:30-6:00pm – Break, Snack, Freshen Up, Prep, and Quick Photos*

·        6:00-6:05pm – Wait Time

·        6:05-6:30pm – Ceremony*

·        6:30-7:00pm – Guests Drive to Space 15

·        6:30-6:45pm – Additional Pictures for Family, Wedding Party, Etc.*

·        6:45-7:15pm – Wedding Party Drive to Space 15

·        7:15-7:30pm – Grand Entrance, Welcome, and Blessing*

·        7:30-8:30pm – Dinner

·        7:45-8:00pm – Toasts*

·        8:25-8:30pm – Cake Cutting*

·        8:30-8:45pm – Intro and Dedication Dances*

·        9:10-9:25pm – Game and Funny Dances*

·        9:00-10:30pm – Dessert Served

·        9:25-10:50pm – Dancing and Additional Pictures*

·        10:50-10:55pm – Last Call and Final Dance

·        10:55-11:00pm – Good Bye and Clean Up and Snack

·        11:00pm-2:00am – After Party

Re: Wedding Day Timeline

•  This is my wedding day timeline. Am I being too nit-picky/strict or am I on the right track?? Please let me know! :D

Important Notes:

Schedule:

·        10:30am-2:00pm – Hair, Make Up, Dress, Prep

I feel like these two lengths of time might need to be switched or given the same amount (45 minutes each?) unless you have a tiny family and large bridal party. 

Why is this here? Do your invitations actually have the ceremony time listed as 5 minutes past 6? You should be hitting the aisle at the time on the invitation, so the procession typically begins just before that time. People know to arrive early to a wedding, and your coordinator will hold latecomers from entering while you process.

The reception venue will be providing drinks/food prior to your 'grand entrance,' right?

There is no way you should have 15 minutes worth of toasts. A single toast should be no more than a minute or so. You do not need more than maybe 3 or 4, tops.

I don't understand what this is.

I don't know what this is either but it sounds like something that you do not need.

·        9:00-10:30pm – Dessert Served

Then what was the cake cutting up there? If you have additional desserts I would make them all available at that time.

Is this at the same venue and is it hosted? It doesn't have to be either, as long as it's word of mouth and not on any paper invitation.

• Agree with PP. And do you really have an hour between dinner ending and dancing starting? People don't want to be held as a captive audience that long.
  • It's an outdoor ceremony and there is no coordinator, so I added the 5 extra minutes just to allow our notoriously late family members a chance to get settled. Guests will arrive at the reception site at 7pm and the bar will be open at 7. The Intro/Dedication Dances are First Dance, Father/Daughter, and Mother/Son. The funny/game dances are games and dances to get people excited and ready to dance. The after party is just for who wants to come and it will be at a location near the reception site. I gave bridal party pictures more time because there are more of us and it can be more relaxed. We also both have very small families.

I did adjust some of the times because of the advice. Thanks.
  • It's an outdoor ceremony and there is no coordinator, so I added the 5 extra minutes just to allow our notoriously late family members a chance to get settled. Guests will arrive at the reception site at 7pm and the bar will be open at 7. The Intro/Dedication Dances are First Dance, Father/Daughter, and Mother/Son. The funny/game dances are games and dances to get people excited and ready to dance. The after party is just for who wants to come and it will be at a location near the reception site. I gave bridal party pictures more time because there are more of us and it can be more relaxed. We also both have very small families.

I did adjust some of the times because of the advice. Thanks.
    Yeah, you should definitely cut those. Just open the dance floor immediately after the spotlight dances. People will dance without games.
  •  This is my wedding day timeline. Am I being too nit-picky/strict or am I on the right track?? Please let me know! :D

Important Notes:

Schedule:

·        10:30am-2:00pm – Hair, Make Up, Dress, Prep I would add some snacks during this time. To go from 10:30-2:00 PM with out eatting may be long & depending on how things go on next slot, you may run into time issues & have to for go that snack and trust me, you don't want to go hungry else here comes bridezilla (at least in my case)

This would be a great time for the bridal party have snacks & drinks while you get your photos done. It will help make sure everything stays on track later & keeps the bridal party happy (assuming they are arriving at the same time as you and groom). Also then Family can arrive a little early & enjoy some snacks too until their time. This will make sure everyone has time to eat & enjoy the food you provide without running over on time.

·        5:30-6:00pm – Break, Snack, Freshen Up, Prep, and Quick Photos*

·        9:00-10:30pm – Dessert Served Any way this can be moved to start earlier? Might be late for some guests

I added a few comments in bold above. Only thing that I see you didn't plan for is are you going to do a receiving line after the ceremony or just do table visits. And when in the time frame will you do formal dances like first dance, father/daughter and mother/son if you are planning on doing those. Else everything looks great.
  • New Timeline:

·        9:30-10:30am – Breakfast and Prep

·        10:30am-2:15pm – Hair, Make Up, Dress, Prep

·        2:15-2:45pm – Break, Snack, Prep, and Flowers Arrive

·        2:45-3:15pm – Drive to Hanley House and Snack

·        4:00-4:45pm – Bridal Party Pictures*

·        4:45-5:30pm – Family Pictures*

·        5:30-6:00pm – Break, Snack, Freshen Up, Prep, and Hide Out

·        6:05-6:25pm – Ceremony*

·        8:00-8:05pm – Toasts*

·        8:10-8:15pm – Cake Cutting*

·        8:15-8:25pm – Bride/Groom, Father/Daughter, and Mother/Son Dances*

·        8:25-8:30pm – Game and Funny Dances*

·        8:30-10:50pm – Dancing, Mingling, Additional Pictures*

• Your new timeline sounds good, though I still think you should cut the funny dances entirely. Play whatever your crowd's preferred group dance song is and just party. I banned the Electric Slide and the Chicken Dance from my wedding but still wound up with the Cupid Shuffle (which I had never heard before) and the Hokey Pokey for the kids.
  • Everyone's timeline suggestions sound great.  Keep the funny dances in if that is what you want.  If it doesn't work, then people will start dancing anyway.

Hope you had fun!
  • Is your Bridal Party standing around at the ceremony venue for 3 hours before your ceremony starts?

Or are they arriving after yur 1st look?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• They will arrive after the bride/groom pictures because they will be involved all all the other photos after that.
  • My only comment on your updated timeline is that you may want to rethink having almost 3 hours of pictures. That's A LOT.

And it sounds like the WP doesn't arrive until after your first look pictures, so that's good. Otherwise, I think there'd be wayyy too much waiting around for them built in.

Otherwise, it sounds really nice!
    *********************************************************************************

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

My only comment on your updated timeline is that you may want to rethink having almost 3 hours of pictures. That's A LOT.

And it sounds like the WP doesn't arrive until after your first look pictures, so that's good. Otherwise, I think there'd be wayyy too much waiting around for them built in.

Otherwise, it sounds really nice!
    This.  I'd reconsider the spotlight dance times (10 minutes seems kind of long), "funny dances" and all the photos.  Many people just don't like being in photo shoots for that long, especially in dress shoes.  Especially if those shoes have high heels. 3 hours of photos in different locations does sound like a lot.

Aside from that it sounds good.
  • Our first look pictures took about 10-15 minutes. I cant imagine why you would need a whole hour. Have your photographer come a little later and get a few more reception pictures. I think 3:30- 5:30 is more than enough time to get all your family/ bridal party pictures.

I would get rid of the "wait time." If people are late, that is on them. Start with out them. Its unfair to all the other responsible adults who managed to show up on time.

And skip the games.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards