Wedding Woes
Options

Monday, snowy Monday

Good morning.  How was the weekend?

Ours was pretty low-key.  DH and I worked Saturday and then went out to dinner.  The kids stayed with my parents.  Yesterday, we got the kids, did some shopping, and went out for MIL's bday.  

I had to work in the office for training on Saturday.  There were two sessions and in my second session, it was me, three other people from my dept. and then the rest of the class was a bunch of new hires.  And it was "Customer Experience" training.  New hires are a trip, especially when they're 21 to 23-ish.  :) 

Re: Monday, snowy Monday

• Options

How was the weekend? 

Saturday wasn't much of anything. Sunday was my dad's 70th birthday. He was surprised.  We had a few tears and lots and lots of  laughs.  After the luncheon everyone migrated to our house for a few hours.  Side note: My SIL looks fantastic. you'd never know she was wearing a wig going through radiation by looking at her.

It's a snow day today, but it doesn't really affect us since neither kid has school on Mondays.  I will cry if they are home tomorrow though.  I was unprepared even thought every forecast said it was going to happen.  Snow boots are somewhere (6let may not even have a pair), shovels are in the shed, etc.

• Options
    Weekend was good after a truly suck-tastic week. Well, until last night/this morning. Guess H wanted to travel to the west coast in a foul mood. He picks some seriously ridiculous fights last night and this morning and kept it up all morning.

Saturday was low key-ish. I folded and put away laundry and cleaned out my dresser. I got rid of a bunch of clothes.

Sunday we hung around a bit. Took PF to the park (which was deserted because it was a gross day) and she spent an hour in the swings, loving every minute of it. We also discussed some plans for PF's 4th birthday in January. We needed to start now because odds are, H won't be around to help me plan it as the PA move it looking like a serious reality.

• Options
    We got less than 2 inches of snow.  The girls insisted on going sledding yesterday.  We didn't know how much fun it would be since there wasn't much, but they had a blast and still got some good speed down the hills.
  • Options
    We had probably a couple of inches of snow.  I am just not ready for it.

I can feel my PMDD sx already starting to amp up.  I don't have time for crying/mad fits today, thankssomuch body!  Gearing up for the big convention this weekend.  I'm looking forward to it, though there is going to be some moments of awkwardness, I suspect.

Dixie, NO PA, MO!!!!  ;)
  • Options
    the kiddo did a sleepover @ my parent's house to Friday--and I went out and did shopping (like actual shopping, not grocery.  Not high class, consigment, thrift and craft store, but not Meijer eith er) and found myself an awesome dress on consignment.

Then went and had lunch w/ my folks and got the kiddo and got my mom's advice on what to do w/ my broken sewing machine.

Saturday my parents called and said that my mom accidentally had a only used once commercial singer that was extra.  (I don't understand it either, but my family has 'extras' of strange things.  Cars.  hats.  Sewing machines.  Bifold doors.  christmas trees <all things I have been given/lent in the last year).  So we went over for lunch (and took my broken machine) in order to discover that mom's new machine is *also* broken.  That or I broke it trying to learn it.
    Went back home and did very litt.e

Sunday we went grocery and winter-coat shopping for the kiddo, and then the 'dime store' in our town (by 'dime store' I mean it *used* to be a dime store and now is an incredibly expensive toy/craft/yarn/jewelry/hallmark/hippie store) had it's christmas openhouse, so we took the kiddo, who saw reindeer and santa (I shall post a picture--she was obvs overjoyed and excited to see him) and got free cookies etc.  And she conned her daddy into buying her tumbled stones for her rock-collection--$4 a tiny bag, it's like $1 a rock.  But she actually pretty rarely asks for things so rocks it was.

And my parents texted me that both sewing machines are now fixed, huzzah!
  • Options

GBCK - Your parents may be like me, I sometimes will pick up things on sale or at yard sales I think someone will need and store it, so I will have what my kids need just laying around.  I have also went and bought things just because they needed it and claimed to have it around, lol. Parents have to help out!

I got started on my Christmas shopping this weekend, a lot more to go but it was a start. I have a friend that we do all of our Christmas shopping together and we will probably go at least 1x a week now through then.  Its a good excuse for a break and neither of us mind the crowds, and love to have nice lunches, this week there was a grand opening at a new Cheesecake Factory. 

• Options
    Weekend was pretty good. Not so much of a hustle. Snow this morning, but not much more than a dusting. Which means local news preempts all the morning shows due to SNOWFLAKES!!

Sat was dance class and errands. Sunday was groceries and church and being a bum/watching some videos.

And since DH is out of town for the weekend, I may take Friday and Monday off. Get thanksgiving shopping done quickly/in peace and get some quiet time to do fun stuff. Which means I've gotta bust booty to get a lot of stuff off my plate this week. Yay :-/
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    DH just came home because he ripped half a pant leg off at work. If we cut them off where he ripped them, they'd be daisy dukes.  LOL
  • Options
    I spent the weekend feeling like I was coming down with the cold that DH and DD had last week.  And then I woke up this morning with a full-blown cold.  And I am irrationally angry at DH for using up all the DayQuil last week.  
    Yesterday we saw Big Hero 6 which was really, really good.  Then we had a big flop of a b-day party for DD.  DD was the only kid there.  Long story, but I felt really bad for her, even though she really didn't care.  She was happy for cake and ice cream and she *finally* got an Elsa dress.  Her life is complete.
  • Options
    yep, that's my folks to a t.
    I don't do it as much, but I still had 4 or 5 new-with-tags hats/gloves/etc to put in the coat-drive bin, because I believe in having extras :-P
  • Options
    Morning. This weekend was a good mix of getting stuff done and relaxing. I did my usual chores and worked on painting some baseboards. DS and I went to a fall festival our neighborhood holds on Saturday afternoon and he had a blast. Bouncy houses, food, a mini-train, the fire truck, and a petting zoo- basically a 4 yo's dream come true. Sunday we went to my parent's house to celebrate my dad's birthday and see some family friends. DD was in fine form as she has started teething again so the car ride home was her wailing because she wanted to be held. :/

I'm looking forward to this week. The weather is finally "fall" like. I have Friday off and will be home with the kids. I'm thinking errands and a trip to the Children's Museum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards