Chit Chat

Monday's are the worst

It's raining and gross in NYC.  And I left my glasses at home and didn't realize until I was on the subway.  I literally thought the rain was messing with my vision until I realized there were no glasses on my face.  Now I have to go back home tonight before dinner and a concert with my FI and his friends for his bday!  And I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder.

RAGE.

How are your Monday's going?

Re: Monday's are the worst

• I lost my job in August and a contingent on my unemployment is that I attend a class on how to create a resume, cover letters, interviewing and other miscellaneous job skills.

I was the hiring manager of a company for 5 years. I was terminated as a result of a company restructure. This class is hurting my brain and self esteem. And I had to drive 40mins to get here AND its 11 degrees outside.

Pity party of one. And there's a girl that keeps walking by me and reeks of smoke and I'm allergic. *cough hack cough*

• I need 8 hours of sleep. Like I need it. And last night I got 5 hours. For some reason I'm just super anxious lately. I can't explain it.

Today is trash day and normally DH does it. He's OOT so I did it, dirtied my pants with the bin and spilled the recycling. So I changed my clothes and spilled coffee on my new pants half way into my commute. Did not turn around.

I lost my work badge which means I'm knocking on every door while I wait for a new one. You can't go anywhere in my office without security clearance.

*le sigh* at least I'm thinking the week can only get better from here.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm about to go out the door for my oral surgery, so I'm feeling grumpy.  But my assistant got me an extension on inputting my billable time (yay!) so I don't have to worry about that until I get back to work.  It's such a PITA chore and the last thing I was wanting to scramble to get done today while sick at home.  She's awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• We are looking for a new office space to lease. Hopefully in a different town. This area has gotten too sketchy and someone came into the office building over the weekend, got to our floor, and kicked our door in.

We're the only one that's occupied that doesn't have a deadbolt. I have been tired of this area already because of all of the break-ins and shit, and this was just the dingleberry on the shit sundae. I can not wait to get the fuck out of here.

FI is working tonight and it's raining and shitty here. I hope it doesn't do freezing rain again tonight. It was coming down so hard at one point last night that the banging on the skylight in our bedroom woke me up.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I tapered off of my prednisone on Friday, but now I'm in extreme pain and am having random fevers that come and go as they please. I had to stay home from work because the pain is so bad and I'm doped up on narcs to get through it.

• It's actually a good day so far.  I'm back home and we had a good weekend.  I might go to one of my favorite coffee shops later to work since I don't have any calls scheduled.

And today's my mom's birthday.  So I might have to have some cake tonight even though she's 3.5 hours away.
  • It's raining and gross in DC, too.  And I have to work a little overtime this week, so I got to work at 6:30 AM and can't leave until 4 PM.  I know that doesn't sound bad at all, but in this type of rain, it might take me 2 hours to get home :(
  • It's actually warm today (we have been having an artic freeze) so I can't wait to go for a walk at lunch.

I am sick, though, so that sucks. I want the day to be done.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's such a gloomy, crappy day. My coworker and I tried to liven up the day by splitting the new croissant donut from DD this morning. Didn't work. I'm basically just counting down the minutes till 5.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @Jells2dot0, I hope you feel better!

I left the house early this morning so that I could go by Starbucks, only to be backed up behind a U-Haul driver that thought going through the drive-thru was a good idea. Since it was also pouring rain, I couldn't speed to get to work so I got here late.

We've been so busy today dealing with the weather on the East Coast that I haven't been able to get up from my desk more than twice since 4am.

My car is still not ready and they told me they'd have it fixed the 13th or 14th. I also found out last week that I fractured my elbow so I'm supposed to be in a sling. I'm right-handed though so if I wear it I'm useless.

Lastly, we moved on the 11th and FI is out of town until Friday so I'm left to do all the unpacking by myself...with a sprained wrist and fractured elbow. I'd put it off until he gets home, but my brother and his family are coming to visit on Thursday.

It's definitely going to be a wine and Christmas movies kind of night.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did not look outside this morning and went out in my wedges and stepped in a slush pile.  My foot feels so gross right now.  I need my boots!  

My hands are incredibly dry.

This office is freakin' cold and I'm sitting here with jenky wet gross wedges.

I also feel fat.  I told DH this morning I felt like a ham-planet.

I want to go home, build a nest with my cat, and eat popcorn for dinner while watching the food network and shopping online.  

*sob*

• I tapered off of my prednisone on Friday, but now I'm in extreme pain and am having random fevers that come and go as they please. I had to stay home from work because the pain is so bad and I'm doped up on narcs to get through it.

I'm sorry!!  That's awful.  I think I've only ever taken Prednisone for bronchitis, but I've heard that for people who take it for more serious conditions, tapering off can be qutie difficult
    I'm sorry to hear this!  Positive vibes headed your way.  *hugs*

• DH tutored some guys from our class in our living room last night. He thought it would be for 2-3 hours but they left sometime after 1 AM. It took me another hour to fall asleep. We have a small house so I couldn't fall asleep over the noise. I'm now sleep-deprived.

I'm spending my morning on the fun job of trying to spin a massive screw-up at work as a great new feature.

And why is it that I buy endless groceries but there's never anything to eat when I'm working from home and want lunch?
  • We got slammed with a bunch of very pretty snow last night, so everything is all white and beauuuuutiful. I love snow, so I'm happy as a clam, but I could really do without all the whiners in my office. I absolutely hate when people just bitch and whine about the weather. If you don't like snow, live somewhere it doesn't snow! Don't just ruin it for everyone who does like it. 

I'm also walking on sunshine because my boss is fighting for me to get my Christmas bonus, even though my last day is Dec 15th (as of now, anyway... subject to change, I guess, depending on the bonus situation). Our bonus period is from Oct - Oct, so I *should* get it, but it feels nice that he's making extra sure, anyway. The next month is basically just me training people on my accounts, so it's significantly less stress. 
  • My worst problem this morning was while I was on my way to work with my phone in an inside pocket of my coat, when the Spotify playlist I was streaming started playing the YMCA...and not only was I listening to the YMCA, but it was not the version one normally hears, it was in a different, slightly higher key and it was SO WRONG and I couldn't turn it off because my phone was inside so many layers and I had giant puffy mitts on.

Traumatizing, guys. I have a rough life.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm exhausted today. I mentioned this on another thread but we had a long night because of our electricity.

We rent an older house (built in the 50's). Last night we were bringing the dogs in from their night walk and FI noticed the meter box on the back of the house was glowing inside, like it was on fire. He went over to look at it and it was hot enough to burn your hand.

He calls the power company and they told him that since there wasn't an outage then there wasn't a problem and they couldn't help. Uhm, it will be a problem if the house burns down! He called again and the sent someone out to look at it. They got there around 11ish and said the wires were on fire and if he hadn't gotten there in the next twenty minutes our house would've caught on fire.

Good  news is that they fixed the problem and our house did not burn down. 

• emmaaa said:

I'm exhausted today. I mentioned this on another thread but we had a long night because of our electricity.

We rent an older house (built in the 50's). Last night we were bringing the dogs in from their night walk and FI noticed the meter box on the back of the house was glowing inside, like it was on fire. He went over to look at it and it was hot enough to burn your hand.

He calls the power company and they told him that since there wasn't an outage then there wasn't a problem and they couldn't help. Uhm, it will be a problem if the house burns down! He called again and the sent someone out to look at it. They got there around 11ish and said the wires were on fire and if he hadn't gotten there in the next twenty minutes our house would've caught on fire.

Good  news is that they fixed the problem and our house did not burn down. 
    Wow, that's scary. Glad you are all okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited November 2014
    Super  bored at work. The hotel I work at is busy with business travelers so no one wants to see the sights.

Fi left for a business trip up north so we had to buy him a crazy warm jacket since we have such thin blood.

I have a deep pore facial after work.

And I had a turn around shift so I'm running on maybe 4 hours of sleep. 

lacqueredlover what time?

Edited for paragraphs

imageimage

• blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    It's rainy and gross in Atlanta too.

My office finally switched to doing our company-wide town hall meetings virtually, so I was hoping to dial in from my desk and listen to it while still getting work done. Nope. We're expected to go watch it on the screen in the conference room. Argh.

ETA: My Monday seems comparatively not that bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I would give anything to be able to have a drink right now.

• I have a pinched nerve too! it's in my lower back. I'm been basically attached to my heating pad all weekend. 

After 6+ years of no reviews, the owner has now decided to review his senior managers every 4 months. Fucking yay. I'm hoping he just does it this once and forgets about it. 
  • I have a pinched nerve too! it's in my lower back. I'm been basically attached to my heating pad all weekend. 

After 6+ years of no reviews, the owner has now decided to review his senior managers every 4 months. Fucking yay. I'm hoping he just does it this once and forgets about it. 
    I have an icy hot patch on my shoulder right now to try to help but every time I turn my head, I want to cry.  Going to a concert tonight is not going to be fun but it's ryan adams and for my FI's bday so I'm trying to suck it up.  Can't wait to take my muscle relaxer later haha

• slothiegalslothiegal member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Today is stupid.

Last night H and I got into a fight, which RARELY happens.  And it was my fault, which sucks even more.  We made up before bed, but there's still this cloud over here and I feel like shit this morning.

I started looking for more jobs when I got up, but my heart wasn't in it.  Last week we were having dinner with family and someone asked me, "well, if you could do anything, what would it be?"  I hate that question.  If I could do ANYTHING and get paid for it, I would be sitting on a yacht, sipping on some chardonnay and dipping strawberries in a chocolate fountain.  So yeah, let me know if you see that help wanted ad.  In reality, there's a shit ton of jobs that sound interesting, but I'm simply not qualified.  So please don't give me that falsely optimistic "do whatever you want!" crap. 

Woah.  Sorry for that rant.  I just want to spend today curled up on the couch, crying.  

etf some words
    Anniversary

• Today is stupid.

Last night H and I got into a fight, which RARELY happens.  And it was my fault, which sucks even more.  We made up before bed, but there's still this cloud over here and I feel like shit this morning.

I started looking for more jobs when I got up, but my heart wasn't in it.  Last week we were having dinner with family and someone asked me, "well, if you could do anything, what would it be?"  I hate that question.  If I could do ANYTHING and get paid for it, I would be sitting on a yacht, sipping on some chardonnay and dipping strawberries in a chocolate fountain.  So yeah, let me know if you see that help wanted ad.  In reality, there's a shit ton of jobs that sound interested, but I'm simply not qualified.  So please don't give me that falsely optimistic "do whatever you want!"  

Woah.  Sorry for that rant.  I just want to spend today curled up on the couch, crying.  
    Ugh I feel you!  I went through that job phase about a year ago.  It's shitty

• @slothiegal, whenever someone asks me that question, I reference Office Space where he said "I did nothing today.  And it was everything I dreamed it could ever be."

• I was in bed all day yesterday with some version of the flu. Because of that I haven't eaten in two days. It's a chilly 30-something degrees today (in Vegas, that's COLD). The heat isn't on in our classrooms yet. Thank god for my student teacher or I would be hiding under my desk all day.

Monday you suck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm on a break from class. Here in SD it's 3 degrees. I just want to lay in bed.
  • Aw, @slothiegal, I just wanna hug you until you pee. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards