Wedding Woes

Sleep study?

DH spent sat. night at a sleep center, no results yet, but pretty sure he will need to start using a machine.  Has anybody had this done?  H was weirded out by a couple that got there the same time that he did and we were wondering if this is normal and we are just crazy??  The guy was there for a study, but brought the wife/girlfriend? with him.  Its a small place, just 4 sleep rooms going off of a main desk in the middle.  There was one other normal guy and H there, and this "couple".  They weren't gonna let her stay but H says somehow they talked them into it, and she just sat in there with him ALL NIGHT!  He said he could hear them talking, so not sure how much sleep was done.  He said it was very awkward, they were making jokes and having a party in there, while he was already nervous about sleeping while being watched, this is weird, right?

Re: Sleep study?

• That is weird. I guess the guy said he couldn't fall asleep without his woman.
  • that is weird.
    But, wouldn't having things be as close to 'home' as always get you closer results to reality on studies?

• That is beyond stupid that they let the girlfriend stay. The whole point of the sleep study is to take a look at how you sleep. If she's keeping him awake, then they can't get any usable data. The polysomnographers are going to have nothign to analyze, or not enough data to work with. The experience itself can be unsettling- sleeping in a new place, hooked up to wires and machines, etc. but once they close the door to the "bedroom" they are supposed to leave you alone and let you sleep.

Source: worked on insomnia studies with sleep study components. Have observed plenty of sleep studies.
  • Ugh! Hopefully they got enough usable data for your DH!!! 
  • H had one and he sleeps better with me but we still didn't ask if I could stay. I dropped him off and picked him up. But he slept without me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards