Oregon

Gotta rave about my venue & caterer!

The Troutdale House by the Sandy River & Wildwood Cafe on Main in downtown Gresham

These guys were AMAZING and affordable, and I would absolutely recommend them to any future bride for their big day!!

Let me start with the Troutdale House:
(
http://thetroutdalehouse.com/services.htm)
Laura (the owner) is super friendly, helpful & really flexible for those times you need to just stop by & take some measurements, pictures, etc... They have a full kitchen, so you can do your own catering if you wish, or bring in your own. And on top of it all, they offer A LOT for what you're paying. My favorites though, were the 10 straight hours of venue use, and TONS of decorations at your disposal. Yes, they have plethora of decorations you can use at no extra cost, including silk flower centerpieces, tulle, garlands, twinkle lights, wedding arches, etc.... Plus, inside, the building is just absolutely BEAUTIFUL. (I'll be honest - the outside, not so beautiful. But hey, you can't have it all.)

They are also great for both indoor wedding & outdoor (they are located right next to Glen Otto park, and have a permit to use it for weddings, which means if someone else shows up on your big day, they have the right to ask them to leave.) Oh, and the bride's room is absolutely GORGEOUS. It's all decoratetd very vintage/shabby chic, and is a great place to get ready, hang out with your girls, and most of all, hopefully find some down time at some point to RELAX.

It's definitely worth it to at least go take a tour!

Now, onto my caterer: Wildwoord Cafe & Catering
(
http://www.wildwoodcafe.net)
These guys are located on Main St. in downtown Gresham. It's a small mom & pop place, and you wouldn't think "wedding caterer" by just passing by. But Ron, the chef & owner, is a great guy to work with, and can really work with just about any budget! For $14/person, we got chicken alfredo, garlic bread, salad, punch, appetizers (crackers, meats, & cheeses), and a coffee bar!! And it was all very delicious. I'm telling you... This guy is amazing. And he's really friendly, and also flexible, so you can call him any time to arrange a meeting, and he's very glad to meet with you

Now, I looked high & low before settling on him for our caterer, and I did not find a single place that would have given us all we got through hime for less than about $20-25/person, minimum. Plus, he doesn't charge gratuity, which is hard to find. Although, we did give him a pretty nice tip in the end, because we were just so pleased with his service.

Now that my big day has come & gone, I just can't help but rave about these 2 vendors I used, and would hope I can help a lucky bride out there who's been looking for that perfect venue or caterer :)

Ahh, ok, simmer down... I have a hubby to go attend to now :)
Thanks for taking the time to read this massive post!

Re: Gotta rave about my venue & caterer!

• Just wanted to thank you for this post I am looking at this venue and its great to have some feedback about. Makes my searching easier :)
  • I hadn't really looked in Troutdale as I am from the southern Willamette Valley, but do you think it would be worth it? I'm a college student, so I worry about it being in my budget. Don't think I'll have a caterer; too expensive for my fiance and I.
  • That caterer sounds amazing. Thank you for the recommendation!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards