Attire & Accessories Forum

Hairstyle Ideas

I am trying to find a hairstyle that would go along with my dress, and I'm having the hardest time imagining anything. I want to try to do a half updo or braid, however I am worried that the back of the dress won't be visible if I do a half updo since my hair is so long. Anybody have any helpful ideas? Our wedding is in February 28, 2015 and it will be outside with the country/rustic theme. Thank you so much in advance!

I attached pictures so you can see the dress, please ignore the dark bra through the lace, I wasn't prepared for pictures. LOL

Re: Hairstyle Ideas

• I like the idea of doing a side-to-front type of braid (similar to how you pulled your hair around to take the pictures.  If that isn't your thing, then an updo would also work.  I agree with you and Maggie though that dress is stunning and I wouldn't cover up the back!!!
  • I love all the suggestions above, but if you really want your hair only half-up - i think you will definitely still be able to see that back (gorgeous, btw) with something like:

• I like @Maggie829's suggetions - especially the last picture. 

The back of your dress is beautiful and I would not cover it up. 
    *********************************************************************************

• thank you for the suggestions ladies! Maggie, I love the second picture with the side braid. I've searched and looked at A LOT of braids and none of them have really appealed to me quite as much as the second one you attached.
  • Your dress is gorgeous. I have nothing to contribute, I just have to say that the hair photos maggie posted are effing amazing and it's making me re-think wearing my hair down lol. But I agree with PPs, don't cover the back! You have lots of good options :) 
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Just some more ideas:
    imagebridal braided hairstyles | 22 Glamorous Wedding Hairstyles for Womenimage.
  • I think a loose curly side pony would be wonderful with your dress! 

imageimageimage
  • love the idea of a side ponytail, that had never crossed my mind. I think that may work too cause my hair is almost baby fine and has layers so I'm not sure if a braid would even hold.
  • I love all the ideas of a side-to-front type of braid!And I have also collected some hairstyles that you can take into consideration!
    imageimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards