What's bugging you?

Re: What's bugging you?

• Options

I love Texas.  These are my boots.
    AMEN!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    amelisha said:

Bazinga!!! Ya sista here is in no more need of them Uggs or Sorels and these are what  wear on the daily. 

I need four pairs of those, now.

In every color.

• Options
    I"m not even through all the replies, but you guys. Sorels will kick Uggs ass any day. I have these and they are amazing. 

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Pregnancy hormones are in full effect.  I'm in a pretty good mood today.  Yesterday was a whole other story.  I wanted to rip everyone's heads off.

Lazy groomer at Petsmart-My dog needed his nails cut.  I call, lazy girl tells me I don't need an appointment, just bring him in.  I rush home to get the furball there on time and the girl then asks for his vet records.  Ummm What?!?  You never mentioned that when I called.  I said well he just got his license from the township (which means he's up to date on all of his shots).  She basically told me to kick rocks so she could go back to texting on her phone.

Idiots at Ford dealer- H's truck died a few days after we upgraded my lease early.  We've had the new truck for almost a month.  Temp license plate expires today.  We never heard from the dealer so we stopped by yesterday.  They didn't have the plates and had an attitude because we just stopped by.

Finally after all that nonsense we went to McDonalds.  I am not a fan of fast food but I was craving it hard core.  Thankfully they had chicken McNuggets with sweet and sour sauce.  At the rate I was going I was afraid I would wind up on the news.

I hope you ladies would start a GFM for my bail.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ooooh, something else that bugs me.

Yesterday I was at my psychiatrist's office for an appointment.  His admin assistant is sweet, but a little kooky.  It's a small practice and she knows the patients moderately well.  I work from home, so my work attire is rather casual.  I was rushing off to my appointment wearing yoga pants, a long sleeved shirt and a cute scarf.  Not totally professional, but not totally sloppy.  

As I was scheduling my next appointment, I madde a comment about not being sure of my work schedule.  She said "oh, you work?  I always assumed your husband took care of you."

• Options

@chibiyui Everyone here actually says "easy ice" but maybe it's a regional thing? That pic is cracking me up though.

Lol. Regional differences.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I"m not even through all the replies, but you guys. Sorels will kick Uggs ass any day. I have these and they are amazing. 

I have these ones too! They are the best. I make sure to pair them with a fluffy white toque on my head to look extra dorky.  

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    Everything is bugging me today. I'm in a horribly bitchy mood.

Also loving all the boots. 
  • Options
    kat1114 said:
    I just found out that we have off Dec 24 & 25 for work.  Which is great - yay Christmas.  BUT it means that I have to take Dec 26 off if I want a long weekend.  My former employer gave us Christmas + the day before or after.  So, if CHristmas fell on a Tuesday or Thursday, you'd get the Monday or Friday off to give people a long weekend.

Grrr...
    Ewwww. Work for the auto industry - we're off 12/24-1/2.

Or the aviation industry. We're also off those days.

Today my stomach is pissing me off. My lower right abdomen has been hurting constantly for over 3 years. I've been to several doctors, done lots of tests, and they can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes it hurts less than others, but it always hurts. It seemed like it was at least getting manageable for a while, but it has come back with a vengeance this week. Having stomach issues at work is so incredibly uncomfortable.
    Did they check diverticulitis? Sounds like it adds up to that. You can try going on a low fod map diet and see if it helps. It's hella restrictive, but helps me a ton. 

ashley8918 hugs :(
    One of the girls I work with had some serious pain every time she had her period. They did shit tons of tests and couldn't figure it out. 3 years later, it turns out that (don't laugh at my lack of lady part knowledge) whatever part of your lady insides swell when you're on your period gets so big it pinches a nerve near her spine, thus causing the pain. She needed a couple massages and she was fine.  Hopefully it's something easy to fix!
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies! At one point I did have something called C-diff, but I don't really have symptoms of that anymore. Sorry TMI ahead... I've had a colonoscopy and abdominal laparoscopy within the last year, and they found nothing (I guess diverticulitis shows up on a colonoscopy). I almost follow a low FODMAPS diet now, but I think I need to go all in and do it fully to see if it helps. The doctor has diagnosed me with IBS, but I really feel like it was more of a "we don't know what the fuck is wrong, so we'll go with this" diagnosis.

On the upside, I figure if this continues any longer, maybe I can go on some medical mystery show and they will pay me money. Or at least pay doctor bills cause this is getting expensive.
  • Options
    Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Boxes suck, dont care

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! At one point I did have something called C-diff, but I don't really have symptoms of that anymore. Sorry TMI ahead... I've had a colonoscopy and abdominal laparoscopy within the last year, and they found nothing (I guess diverticulitis shows up on a colonoscopy). I almost follow a low FODMAPS diet now, but I think I need to go all in and do it fully to see if it helps. The doctor has diagnosed me with IBS, but I really feel like it was more of a "we don't know what the fuck is wrong, so we'll go with this" diagnosis.

On the upside, I figure if this continues any longer, maybe I can go on some medical mystery show and they will pay me money. Or at least pay doctor bills cause this is getting expensive.

------------------box------------------------------------------
    As a nurse, I cry for you that you had C-diff. Glad you are over it; that shit is nasty (literally).

image   image   image

• Options
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:
    I just found out that we have off Dec 24 & 25 for work.  Which is great - yay Christmas.  BUT it means that I have to take Dec 26 off if I want a long weekend.  My former employer gave us Christmas + the day before or after.  So, if CHristmas fell on a Tuesday or Thursday, you'd get the Monday or Friday off to give people a long weekend.

Grrr...

Today my stomach is pissing me off. My lower right abdomen has been hurting constantly for over 3 years. I've been to several doctors, done lots of tests, and they can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes it hurts less than others, but it always hurts. It seemed like it was at least getting manageable for a while, but it has come back with a vengeance this week. Having stomach issues at work is so incredibly uncomfortable.
    Did they check diverticulitis? Sounds like it adds up to that. You can try going on a low fod map diet and see if it helps. It's hella restrictive, but helps me a ton. 

One of the girls I work with had some serious pain every time she had her period. They did shit tons of tests and couldn't figure it out. 3 years later, it turns out that (don't laugh at my lack of lady part knowledge) whatever part of your lady insides swell when you're on your period gets so big it pinches a nerve near her spine, thus causing the pain. She needed a couple massages and she was fine.  Hopefully it's something easy to fix!

Ok this is exactly what happened to my friend.  she had c-diff, now they are saying ibs, has had colonoscopies, literally no one can figure it out.

She just went gluten free and says that it seems to be helping

• Options
    The fact that I can't read the SOA spoiler thread yet because we aren't watching last night's episode until tonight (...is Gemma dead? Is the kid who plays Abel ever going to become anything more than a HORRIBLE actor? Will Marilyn Manson ever not be creepy?...so many questions!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Those are the Joan of Artics I want!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    edited November 2014
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

Grrr...

That's a super contagious/infectios bacterial infection that basically causes raging diarrhea and is a pain in the ass to sanitize properly and keep it from spreading.

People usually get it in hospitals.  Dirty colonoscopy equipment is a huge culprit in C. Diff infections.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

Grrr...

Ok this is exactly what happened to my friend.  she had c-diff, now they are saying ibs, has had colonoscopies, literally no one can figure it out.

She just went gluten free and says that it seems to be helping
    Has she been tested for Celiac and Crohn's disease then?

• Options
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

Grrr...

This is pretty much me, too. Do you take a probiotic? That's the only thing that's really helped me, other than following an insanely restrictive diet. I've established that I can't eat apples most of the time, and when I do, it's a craps shoot whether one slice will bother me, or if I have to eat like 5 apples to start having issues. 

Onions are apparently another really big trigger, and garlic. Both things I love. :( 
  • Options
    The fact that I can't read the SOA spoiler thread yet because we aren't watching last night's episode until tonight (...is Gemma dead? Is the kid who plays Abel ever going to become anything more than a HORRIBLE actor? Will Marilyn Manson ever not be creepy?...so many questions!).

OMG OMG OMG! You have to watch it asap.
  • Options
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

Grrr...

I can totally relate to how frustrating that is. Several years ago I got REALLY sick with stomach issues. I had multiple ultra sounds, an upper GI, blood tests, a CAT scan of my stomach, etc and they couldn't figure it out. One doctor said I was just stressed. Yeah, bullshit. The next said it was just acid reflux. Also bullshit. Then I was diagnosed with IBS but all the IBS medications didn't do anything. 

Finally I almost died. Went from 104 lbs to 80 lbs in a matter of weeks and could no longer eat. I found the right doctor by then and he ordered a colonoscopy and endoscopy right away. Turns out, I had had this slow-growing bacteria in my digestive track for YEARS. It's rare in the states so he thinks I picked it up while I was in the Amazon. TMI alert: It had eaten the lining of my entire digestive system, from my esophagus all the way to my colon so there was virtually no lining left, and I couldn't digest food anymore, thus the crazy weight loss, pain, severe nausea, etc. Bizarre right? Luckily I got on the right course of treatment and got better. 

My college roommate went through a similar thing and hers turned out to be an intolerance to gluten. 

Now that I'm having weird stomach issues again I'm having flashbacks to that horror and it makes me nervous :S 

So yeah, you get all the sympathy in the world from me, and I wish you the best of luck with figuring it out. Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right doctor. 
  • Options
    Am I still allowed to say what's bugging me? Because I'm going to. Loving the shoes though. 

It's bothering me that our office water fountain has the coldest water in the world. I do not drink cold water nearly as quickly as if I have it room temperature, and I'm puffy from the weekend and neeeeeed to de-puff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many loaded mashed potatoes from the wedding have made my pants tight. 

• Options
    The charging port on my phone has gone kaput. I plug my phone in, and it says the power source cannot charge my device, even though it charged just fine yesterday. Yea, I've had the phone for almost five years now, but I love it. A lot. And the newer, more awesome version that was supposed to be released through AT&T before the end of the year is apparently having production issues (they can't keep up with demand, it keeps selling out), so it may not be available to order until February. I ordered a charging pod on Amazon, and because my battery is at <60% AND my spare battery is at 5%, I had to pony up for next day delivery. The price of the item is less than 15% of the total with shipping. Grrr. Stupid smartphone. I had way fewer issues with my old Nokia brick phones!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

Grrr...

I can totally relate to how frustrating that is. Several years ago I got REALLY sick with stomach issues. I had multiple ultra sounds, an upper GI, blood tests, a CAT scan of my stomach, etc and they couldn't figure it out. One doctor said I was just stressed. Yeah, bullshit. The next said it was just acid reflux. Also bullshit. Then I was diagnosed with IBS but all the IBS medications didn't do anything. 

Finally I almost died. Went from 104 lbs to 80 lbs in a matter of weeks and could no longer eat. I found the right doctor by then and he ordered a colonoscopy and endoscopy right away. Turns out, I had had this slow-growing bacteria in my digestive track for YEARS. It's rare in the states so he thinks I picked it up while I was in the Amazon. TMI alert: It had eaten the lining of my entire digestive system, from my esophagus all the way to my colon so there was virtually no lining left, and I couldn't digest food anymore, thus the crazy weight loss, pain, severe nausea, etc. Bizarre right? Luckily I got on the right course of treatment and got better. 

My college roommate went through a similar thing and hers turned out to be an intolerance to gluten. 

Now that I'm having weird stomach issues again I'm having flashbacks to that horror and it makes me nervous :S 

So yeah, you get all the sympathy in the world from me, and I wish you the best of luck with figuring it out. Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right doctor. 
    Holy.Fuck.

• Options
    FYI I tried on the Joan of Arctics and they sucked. They were so stiff and heavy that my foot couldn't bend...like you know when you walk you're foot has to naturally bend at the back of the heel? Those boots didn't allow bend. But I got the Tofino and they are amazing- I'm fairly certain the ones climbingbrideny has posted are the Tofino, not the Joan of Arctic.

• Options
    One last shoe comment and I'll move on, haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:

OMG OMG OMG! You have to watch it asap.

OMG. I am so hiding from every single spoiler lol and yes. He's such a creepy kid actor (kid who plays Abel) but maybe I just got spoiled with the Olsen twins. And the opening sequence last week with MM.... I about DIED.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

FYI I tried on the Joan of Arctics and they sucked. They were so stiff and heavy that my foot couldn't bend...like you know when you walk you're foot has to naturally bend at the back of the heel? Those boots didn't allow bend. But I got the Tofino and they are amazing- I'm fairly certain the ones climbingbrideny has posted are the Tofino, not the Joan of Arctic.

If you Google Joan of Arctic the ones climbingbride show up on the Sorel site. Plus I have seen them in person but have never bit the bullet to buy them

I have a pair of Bogs and they are super warm and great in the snow, but not as cute.

• Options
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

Grrr...

Crossing the Amazon off my destination list.
  • Options
    I just googled the Tofinos and they look identical to the Joans. . . I'm lost.

• Options
    @jdluvr06 ...seriously. Like, I drank the water in rural southern Africa and I am still nopenopenopeing so hard.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So I've been a little dizzy all day. Nothing bad just when I stand up I have to brace myself for a second. I went to get a bottle of water and had a horrible moment of extreme dizziness and almost fell over. Not fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards