Chit Chat
Options

What's bugging you?

Re: What's bugging you?

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I just googled the Tofinos and they look identical to the Joans. . . I'm lost.

I dunno, they look the same but I'm telling you I could not bend my damn foot in the Joans. The Tofino were much lighter/ more bendable rubber. The Joans felt like snowboard boots (which if you've ever worn you know they do not bend).
    It's bugging me that I missed all this glorious BOOT TALK while I was having a 2 hour conversation with my employee about how she sucks at her job and she kept trying to blame me for it. So there's that.

ANYWAY I was about to buy the Joan of Arctics with the reddish purple-y knit top, but read they were heavy and stiff, so I got Tofinos with a fur top. THEY ARE FANTASTIC. Fit like a sneaker, bendy and light, but so gosh darn warm! They are a little big but that's what thick socks are for. I'm too lazy to exchange them (bought from Moosejaw.com without trying them cuz I got a free sweater).

Glad I'm not anyone's boss! Aint nobody got time for that! 

• Options
    okulew29 said:
    I'm annoyed that today is my birthday, and it started at work in the middle of a 12 hour night shift, and that's where it will end.  Also we found out today I might have to work through Thanksgiving on said night shift schedule.
    Well that sucks about the crappy night shift, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you at least get to do some fun celebrating later!
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I'm sick again.  What the fuck.  Damn little kids and their snotty noses at work.  That's all. 

ETA - But on a good note, DH is now coming home and s bringing me soup and a cookie from Tim's.  So I can take off my pants and stay in bed now.   

• Options
    My lap band is making me throw up most all solid foods, meaning unless I drink a lot of protein shakes I get malnourished. The Dr. I had seen for it is now not licensed, IRS is seizing all his assets, he got arrested for domestic violence and drugs, and has pretty much fallen off the face of the planet. I finally got my medical records transferred to another Dr. and got them my insurance info. Now seeing if insurance will cover to have this thing removed. 

I found a lump on my right side, had it removed. It's just a lipoma, fatty tissue tumor. Very good chance it's benign, but because it was so big and had deep roots it was sent off to pathology. I haven't heard from the Dr yet, it's been a week. My mind is not handling the wait very well. Stitches come out Friday, hopefully the Dr. has news then. 

I have a huge paper due on the 1st, but due to the first two issues, my mind can't put coherent thoughts together. So tempted to "buy" a paper....not really, but you know the feeling. 

Then I found out that the new biology/chemistry teacher we have this year isn't certified to teach biology. So he and I will be trading classes at semester. He will take one of my Honors Chemistry class and my CWC Chemistry class and I will take his two Biology classes. He is a first year teacher, he isn't qualified yet for an upper level chemistry class. The CWC teacher and I have awesome "chemistry" and work well with the sped kids and know how to make this class work for them. I am completely devastated. But I know that he can't teach classes he is not certified to teach, so I'm stuck. 
  • Options
    Whats bugging me:
    Our shitty ass snow plow-ers.  Seriously, you come by and do the sidewalk (woo-hoo, rare occasion) and then you go by and do the road and completely cover up the fucking sidewalk again.  So now it is this rock hard god damned mountain that everyone is supposed to climb their way through?  Or do you expect them to walk on the road?  The last few days here have been snow days for the kids that take the bus, but the ones that can get to school and whose parents make them go have been going still.  There's this one boy who is awesome and visually impaired (he uses ones of those white canes) and takes the bus to and from school (before his visual impairment, he would walk).  So, when the buses aren't running, he has to walk.  And they expect him to fucking walk on the road, slipping around as the cars zoom by?  Also, our city is mostly old people as we are a retirement community, a lot of whom  have varying disabilities that make them trekking through the mountains of snow impossible or at least very dangerous.
  • Options
    I am really angry today. About boots and age.
    Took Moosey to the shoe store to get him new Chucks. And there, on the shelf, like the Holy Grail of cool, are these Doc Martens. They're patterned in these fabulous 15th century paintings (Hieronymus Bosch, if anyone cares) and they are beautiful. And cool. And I fell deeply, passionately in love with them.

Guess what? I'm fucking old.

As in, too old to wear cool Doc Martens. As hard as I tried to think of a way to pull it off, the ugly reality is, there is none. None way. I would look like some pudgy little Grandma who stole the boots from her granddaughter's closet. And I am bitter. I want to be 25 again. I want my black leather jacket and crinolines and ripped up leggings back. 

I normally don't get age regret, but I actually bawled in the car on the way home. Because I want fucking stupid Hieronymus Bosch boots, and that ship has sailed. 
    And Moose said, "You need to calm down, crazy woman." 
    The road from Dr. Marten's to Dr. Scholls is fucking swift and terrible. I might as well start wearing puffy paint holiday sweatshirts and elastic waist Dockers. And then die. 

God. It's whiskey time. Here are the boots that kicked me in the face with the cruelty of age and my inevitable death. (Yes, I do need to calm down. But I am bitterly sad.)
    OH MY FUCKING GOD EARTHLY DELIGHTS BOOTS.

Oh my god. I don't even, I don't know what else to say. EARTHLY FUCKING DELIGHTS BOSCH BOOTS. Hooooomygod. I need them. Yes. Now.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Ok now that I've collected myself, @ohannabelle I really think you should get them.

Mostly so that I can live vicariously through you.

You could wear anything (and be anything) with them. Literally anything, no matter how much you may or may not think something goes with them because they're fucking BOSCH PATTERNED. EVERYTHING GOES. Just like in the painting!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @ohannabelle GET THEM. You are not too old. Get them and rock the hell out of them! 

My gripe: I finally found THE FUCKING PERFECT earrings, and they're like $40 more than I'm willing to spend. They're not current merchandise and there's only one listing on eBay. Kate Spade still carries them, but only in black, not in yellow. Ughhhhhhhh. 
  • Options

Took Moosey to the shoe store to get him new Chucks. And there, on the shelf, like the Holy Grail of cool, are these Doc Martens. They're patterned in these fabulous 15th century paintings (Hieronymus Bosch, if anyone cares) and they are beautiful. And cool. And I fell deeply, passionately in love with them.

As in, too old to wear cool Doc Martens. As hard as I tried to think of a way to pull it off, the ugly reality is, there is none. None way. I would look like some pudgy little Grandma who stole the boots from her granddaughter's closet. And I am bitter. I want to be 25 again. I want my black leather jacket and crinolines and ripped up leggings back. 

I normally don't get age regret, but I actually bawled in the car on the way home. Because I want fucking stupid Hieronymus Bosch boots, and that ship has sailed. 
    The road from Dr. Marten's to Dr. Scholls is fucking swift and terrible. I might as well start wearing puffy paint holiday sweatshirts and elastic waist Dockers. And then die. 

God. It's whiskey time. Here are the boots that kicked me in the face with the cruelty of age and my inevitable death. (Yes, I do need to calm down. But I am bitterly sad.)
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY ART HISTORY NERD HEART JUST STOPPED. 

Seriously, these are AMAZING.  Please get them, you can totally pull them off!! 
    Anniversary

• Options
    @ohannabelle‌ My Grandma came over to visit me today. She was wearing docs with little purple flowers on them. And she looked adorbs as my brother's girlfriend would say. Buy them.

My biggest gripe is that I feel like shit and have not been able to actually participate. I'm on meds and spend a large part of my day sleeping. Feeling better though.
  • Options
    DH went to a food show today.  He got a sample pot brownie.  He ate the pot brownie.  Now he is high.  He hasn't been high since our HM 6 years ago.   

It's pretty funny, but annoying at the same time.

Before he ate the brownie DH took the dogs out for a walk off leash.  Chef decided to go up to 2 "dogs" who were on leashes.   One was a St Bernard who was nice.  The other "dog" was really a pet wolf who "eats" dogs.  Yep, he attacked Chef and drew blood.   Chef is okay, but still.  DH should have had him on a leash to, but he had let him off to play in the rugby field.    No more off leash for either one now we know there is a pet wolf around.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

lyndausvi said:
    DH went to a food show today.  He got a sample pot brownie.  He ate the pot brownie.  Now he is high.  He hasn't been high since our HM 6 years ago.   

Before he ate the brownie DH took the dogs out for a walk off leash.  Chef decided to go up to 2 "dogs" who were on leashes.   One was a St Bernard who was nice.  The other "dog" was really a pet wolf who "eats" dogs.  Yep, he attacked Chef and drew blood.   Chef is okay, but still.  DH should have had him on a leash to, but he had let him off to play in the rugby field.    No more off leash for either one now we know there is a pet wolf around.
    Ohmygod, poor Chef! 
  • Options

lyndausvi said:

Ohmygod, poor Chef! 
      He is sleeping on my legs right now.  He doesn't seem traumatized.

I do not get pet wolfs.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Awfuckingshit. I accidentally (read: wasn't fucking paying attention) and deleted my Sims Freeplay app. Its now restoring but imma be so pissed if it didn't save recently. /cry

• Options
    @lolo883 Houndstooth is awesome, though. A+ shoes. 

@magicink It seems like you've been sick for ages. Hope you start feeling better soon. :( 
  • Options
    Ok, I am loving the boot talk because I need some good ones but here's my question: which one is best for icy roads?  I gotta walk up a hill to get to work and I hear it gets icy.  Plus I've definitely busted my ass in the ice several times in my Uggs last winter >_<
  • Options

GET THEMMMMMM.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ok, I am loving the boot talk because I need some good ones but here's my question: which one is best for icy roads?  I gotta walk up a hill to get to work and I hear it gets icy.  Plus I've definitely busted my ass in the ice several times in my Uggs last winter >_<
    My Sorels have very grippy bottoms. Thick, zig-zaggy rubber treads. I think they'll be great on ice but haven't tested them yet. I bet I will in the morning!

Have you considered Yak Trax?

• Options
    manillabarmanillabar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    My Sorels have very grippy bottoms. Thick, zig-zaggy rubber treads. I think they'll be great on ice but haven't tested them yet. I bet I will in the morning!

Have you considered Yak Trax?
    Hmm... I have never heard of Yak Trax but I am googling them now. Their website claims "confidence on snow and ice" lol so I like what i'm seeing so far.  I had actually never even thought about adding something grippier to the bottom of the boots, thanks!

ETA: please let me know how your Sorels work out though
  • Options
    @levioosa when I applied to grad schools I had to do individual applications for each school which sucked. My references were cool with having to do multiple letters. For about half the schools they could do an actual letter and for the other half they could copy/paste parts of the letters so it isn't that bad.

Love all the boot stuff. It's not cold enough here to need heavy duty winter boots so I get by on my Hunters with boot socks most of the winter.

What's bugging me - DH works and has night class so he needed that car today. It takes me 3 buses (2 hours) to get home. They changed one of the buses from express to normal service so I missed my last bus by 5 minutes. The wait for the next bus is 25 minutes. It takes me that long to walk home, so I ended up walking.
    DH is going out of town tomorrow and slacked off on his chores. He won't be home long enough to do the chores so now I have to.
    One of my students submitted his midterm for re-grading. He got 25% and it is clear he knows nothing. It's a huge waste of my time to re-grade and there is no way he will get a passing grade since half the exam is blank, but I have to re-grade then meet with him to go over the midterm.

Anniversary
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

I hope Chef is ok. Was it a wolf or a wolf hybrid?
  • Options

Get them, seriously! I do not believe in having an age limit for certain clothes. I rolled my eyes so hard when What Not To Wear would come out and it said in the opening credits "no miniskirts after 35" or whatever. So dumb of them to say. I will rock (faux) leather jackets, fun jewelry, leopard print, and mini skirts until the day I die.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    In other news, I'm on vacation is south Florida and the entire vacation it is supposed to be cloudy, rainy, and cold. Boo! It of course will clear up after we leave to go back home.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    lyndausvi said:

I hope Chef is ok. Was it a wolf or a wolf hybrid?
    I'm not sure.  I wasn't there. DH said the guy said it was a pet wolf.  The owner admitted his wolf naturally go after dogs.  

We have been here since Feb and I've never seen the wolf and St Bernard  that I can recall.   I'm not consistent with the dogs on a leash.  Well mack is normally on leash, Chef not as much.  Depends where we are.    Normally I let them loose at the field so they can run. There are a lot of loose dogs there and there has never been a problem.   I guess we will have to rethink that.

• Options
    @ohannabelle
    You listen here, honorary mom. You are NOT too old for those fabulous boots (that I am absolutely purchasing, by the way). 

She is EIGHTY SEVEN and rocks those boots way harder than I ever could.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards