Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

save the date

I will just get to the point. Not everyone who is invited to the reception will be invited to the ceremony due to size of the ceremony space. I am confused by who I should be sending the STD to: everyone, including those who will not be privy to the ceremony information, or just to those invited to the ceremony (who are obviously then invited to the reception. 

Thoughts?

Re: save the date

• Options
    I would just send STDs to those who will be invited to the ceremony.  Before you do this, please reconsider your plans.
    It is perfectly fine to have a very small, private ceremony with immediate family only, followed by a large reception celebration.  To have a larger ceremony (more than 20) followed by an even larger reception borders on a tiered wedding, which will offend some of your guests who are not invited to the ceremony.  Why are you doing this?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Okay. Can you please stop being judgmental? It is virtually impossible to be "gift-grabby" when we will not be having a large registry and are making known we would like to begin our lives together as minimalists. 
  • Options
    You didn't answer the question.  Well, I guess you did.
    It is terribly rude to talk about your wedding gifts to anyone - even to say "no gifts".
    We don't make up the etiquette rules.  They have been established for many years.  All we can do is to try and help you plan a lovely wedding.  If you are insulting your guests, then it won't be a lovely wedding, will it?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

lreic said:
    Okay. Can you please stop being judgmental? It is virtually impossible to be "gift-grabby" when we will not be having a large registry and are making known we would like to begin our lives together as minimalists. 

@Ireic welcome to the internet. Is it your first time here? People can post however they would like.

How are you "making it known" that you would like to begin your lives together as minimalists? Why not skip the registry all together?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lreic said:
    I'm sorry but I am judgmental of people who treat their guests like crap by having a tiered reception because you are unwilling to find a different ceremony venue or unwilling to chop your guest list.

And no matter how small your guest list is or what you tell people, inviting people to your reception and not to your ceremony will be seen as gift grabby and also make your friends realize that they are good enough to come to your party but not good enough to see the reason behind the party.

• Options
    Is the situation that you don't have enough space for your whole guest list at the ceremony? Or are you doing just immediate family at the ceremony? 

I guess knowing a little more about your situation would be helpful so that we can try to help you figure out a solution.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards