Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Airbrush makeup for Bride only?

I'm having THE MOST difficult time finding a wedding makeup artist that is willing to do airbrush for me on my wedding day.

The majority of companies in my city have a service minimum which I am unable to meet as I don't have a bridal party.

What's worse is that companies that claim to not have a service minimum are telling me they have no availability for my October 2015 wedding - but they only "realize" this after emailing back and forth and discovering I only need makeup done for myself. It's basically just not worth their time.

Should I just bite the bullet and go with a well-rated company that has a service minimum and then just pay to have the services done on a couple of my girlfriends or cousins that will be attending?

Or has anyone had any experience with getting airbrush makeup done at a store (Sephora, Mac, etc)? I just think this option sounds so risky for a wedding, but I don't know what to do at this point.

Re: Airbrush makeup for Bride only?

• I had my first experience getting both airbrush makeup done by an artist, and makeup done at MAC in the mall this past year. 

For the airbrush experience, it was done for a wedding I was in, and the artist was a local makeup artist hired by the bride. She was overpriced (in my opinion) because of the airbrush factor. I wasn't crazy about my makeup; it didn't really look glam or special as I had hoped. However that may have just been the artist, who I think was trying to make everyone look natural. I am still not convinced the airbrush even did anything. 

Then I got my makeup done at MAC in the mall for a formal wedding I attended. No airbrush was used but the artist I had was awesome. I had big smokey eyes and awesome foundation and color on my face. I loved how I looked and got compliments all night! The makeover was "free" but then I had to buy up to $50 in MAC products, which wasn't that bad because it included the $20 eyelashes that I bought and the artist used on me -- which were unbelievable-- they looked awesome and stayed on overnight! The remaining $30 I spent on lip gloss and blush which I love and use everyday. If you end up going to MAC, definitely call ahead of time and just let them know it's for your wedding and ask for the "best" artist. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards