Florida-Central Florida

Cheap Florida Outdoor Wedding Venue HELP!

I'm looking for an outdoor, foresty type venue. I live in Lakeland, and I'm not looking to drive more than an hour and a half at most. I want to do ceremony and reception there, with a sunset ceremony. So the venue will need to be open until 9 or 10 if not later.
Tight budget (of course). The cheapest place I have found so far is $500 for 4 hours at the USF Botanical Gardens, but I'm just not in love with it. This is really hard for me because I HATE palm trees but they're every where. I want as close to a beautiful forest ceremony in front of a huge tree as I can get.
Help?

Re: Cheap Florida Outdoor Wedding Venue HELP!

• I'm going to move this a local board so people who are familiar with the area can help you. Good luck!
    *********************************************************************************

• What is your definition of "cheap"?

imageimage

• I'm in the lakeland area, went to DeLand for my perfect forest wedding. Check out the Ocala National Forest group camp sites. You can rent the WHOLE area for $150-$200 a night. You'd need two nights to rent a space for the entire day but they are gorgeous. We went with River Forest but the Deer Lake one is a little farther north and also gorgeous. 

They're rustic, but there aren't a lot of rules either. I went to school for forestry, a good forested location was important to me. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards