Oregon

Dosha Weddings, Onsite vs Offsite Hair

Does anyone have any wedding experiences with Dosha Hawthorne?  I've gone there before for cuts, as they're right down the street.  I'm having problems finding someone to travel out to the house where we are getting married, and I'm thinking of just giving up and going to Dosha to get it done before I go out there for the day.  Has anyone gone there for wedding updos before?  Any thought on getting my hair done at the wedding site vs. traveling with it?  My fiance insists that I should get it done at the house, as late as possible.  I don't want anything terribly complex, but I do wonder how long a hairstyle can hold in July heat (even in Portland).

Thanks!

Re: Dosha Weddings, Onsite vs Offsite Hair

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about Dosha for hair, but I got my hair done at the salon then travelled the 15 minutes or so to our indoor ceremony site.  My hair held all day and then some - when H took my bobby pins out that night, my hair still stayed in place!  I had to wash it 3 times to get all the hairspray out, so I think you'll be fine from that standpoint.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're going to keep your hair down - your fiance may be right. You don't want curls or whatever falling out in the heat!
    If you're putting it all up I wouldn't worry about it.

(And having your hair done at the venue, and not having to worry about driving around and getting places on time is awesome)
  • KasuppleKasupple member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I just had a hair trial with the wonderful owner of Tiger Tiger on Alberta!  She made magic with my hair, and is willing to do on site hair the day of the wedding!  Yay!  Less stress!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards