Chit Chat
Options

NWR Vent: Has anyone used ProctorU?

I know there are a lot of students on TK, so I'm curious if anyone has heard of ProctorU or used it.. It's basically a website where you pay to take a test through a webcam and someone watches you to make sure you are not cheating. My math professor is requiring that we use it for our final test, which is upsetting because math is my worst subject and I am a horrible test taker.  

I have ADD and it can take me up to 4 hours to take a test because I get restless, anxious, and am unable to sit still or think clearly. This is going to be difficult because I literally need to get up and walk around to "re-focus". They seem pretty militant about just about everything having to do with your test- If you look away from a certain portion of the screen for even a second, the test is stopped and you have to "call in" to resume it. If a pet walks in or makes a noise, it will be stopped. If you happen to look away or accidentally move yourself into a position where they can't see your hands at all times, it's stopped. If you make a noise or say something, it's stopped. I've been taking distance learning courses for a few years and I've never once had to use it, so this is so bizarre to me. 

This really sucks because now I am so nervous about my bizarre testing fears that I know I will forget everything and fail. Please tell me someone on here has had a good experience, because I've read nothing but terrible things about this service throughout the internet.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NWR Vent: Has anyone used ProctorU?

• Options
    I haven't used it before. I'm sorry this is causing you so much stress. Can you talk to your professor about your concerns and hopefully come up with an alternative plan for taking the test?
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I'm in distance learning right now and I have never heard of this.  It sounds so crazily strict.  Can you write the test at a college or university near you under the supervision of a professor?  I ask because some of the exams I had were done that way.
    Edited because grammar
  • Options
    If your current doctor has prescribed you medications or diagnosed you with ADD, you should be able to take a note from him/her to allow you to have whatever accommodations you need.

This sounds insane even for someone who doesn't have ADD. 

imageimage

• Options
    If your current doctor has prescribed you medications or diagnosed you with ADD, you should be able to take a note from him/her to allow you to have whatever accommodations you need.

This sounds insane even for someone who doesn't have ADD. 
    This. If you have a diagnosed medical condition, your school is legally required to make reasonable accommodations for you. First contact your professor and let him know your concerns. If he won't work with you, there's gotta be a dean or office of disabilities or something you can reach out to. Speak up now so that you don't get screwed over by something that's beyond your control. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards