Not Engaged Yet

It's Monday, again. Sigh.

2»

Re: It's Monday, again. Sigh.

• Hi ladies! I am glad that this week is a very short week; I am only working today! But I have a lot to do today before flying back to NY tomorrow. 

This weekend was busier than expected, but a lot of fun for the most part. Friday night BF and I just chilled out and cleaned a little. On Saturday, we ran errands. We had friends over on Saturday, and BF made his mother's sangria, which was delicious, but also strong. We were up until 4 am, and I woke up drunk still on Sunday. I am normally much more responsible, but that sangria goes down like kool aid. We just lounged all day and watched movies yesterday because we were so hungover.

The female friend kind of got on my nerves this weekend though, and I hate that she annoys me, especially because I am literally her only female friend in town. I like her most of the time, but sometimes I can only take so much of her, and this weekend was one of those times. Saturday night was fine, and she spent the night so that she didn't have to drive home (Her H only had one drink over the course of a few hours and drove home that night to take care of the dog). Well, BF and I mentioned that we would like to have people over more often, and BF and I are both really good cooks; we just don't have time for it during the week most of the time. She also loves to cook, but has much more time to do so because she has a part time job and has afternoons free. She asked us all excitedly if she could cater when we host people. It completely blindsided me, and I didn't really know how to react because she doesn't know all of our friends here, and can come off abrasive to other people (myself included sometimes). I think I ended up telling her something along the lines of "We would want to cook." She is also very introverted and doesn't socialize well in large group settings, so it's not like it would just be a matter of inviting her and introducing her to others. She would still be quiet and basically be my shadow the whole night (this happened at a Halloween party recently...I went and introduced her to others and she said "Hi." and stood behind me after that). 

I know she wants to start her own catering business/pastry shop/something related to cooking, I don't feel right paying her to make food when I could just as easily do so given enough time (and would personally enjoy it!), and I don't want her to do it for free and not be invited because she doesn't know the other groups of friends we have and would feel uncomfortable if she was invited. It also rubbed me the wrong way because I meant that I would cook for people, and I feel like if I invite people, I shouldn't have another friend who doesn't know them cook for those people unless I planned to have it catered and pay for the catering (which I don't for groups of less than ten people). Also, she knows that BF and I love to cook and bake, and has asked multiple times for recipes of things that we have made for her and her H, and has even replicated them, so I'm not entirely sure why she would think any of this was okay. 

I just had to rant. It all just completely rubbed me the wrong way. 

• @Peekaboo2011 - That's an amazing time!  I ran my first half last April...it wasn't the best experience (2-hour storm delay and then it got REALLY hot), so I'm hoping to do another one at some point.  I ran a 2:35, and that was with tweaking my ankle around mile 11.

@lacqueredlove - That sounds like something Mr. Historian and I would do.  We LOVE all different kinds of food and will try just about anything.  How was the Ethiopian food?

I had...an epically awesome weekend that was totally unexpected.  Friday I drove up to Tulsa to do my research.  I got it all done, although I was definitely racing to the finish because I didn't want to have to go back again.  I was really tired driving home, so I called Mr. Historian on the off chance he'd pick up...he didn't but he called me right back, and so we got to talk while I drove home!!  And THEN, when I got home, we got to FaceTime!!  It was so amazing.  I hadn't seen his face since August.  We talked until 4:30 in the morning...so I didn't get out of bed until noon the next day, but I didn't care that I got nothing done.  We FaceTimed again that night and talked until 3:00, and I think we're going to talk again tonight.  I'm still so worried about him--he's really trying hard to leave his current position and find a new job, but he feels like he's not having any luck.  He just seems really discouraged.  I can tell how hard a toll this is taking on him...I was trying to be optimistic and cheer him up, and I said, "Sweetheart, everything is going to be okay: you're going to find a new job, and then you're going to come home and we're going to get a Christmas tree and spend Saturday afternoons watching Arrested Development," and he teared up and looked me straight in the face and said "I have to come home to you before I lose my mind."  (Cheesy?  Yes.  Do I care?  No.) There is a small army of people who are helping him in the job search (including @CocoBellaF, because she's amazing!!!), and I can just feel that he'll find something soon.  I hope I can be encouraging again when we talk tonight.

It's Thanksgiving break, so I'm just trying to get ahead on some work since I don't have class.  This afternoon I have a check-up with my psychiatrist, and then I'm going to do a little research in the sources I have at the house.  Then tonight I have ballet...and I have a new leotard and sweater tights to wear because it's been a little chilly.  And then I'm going to come home and pour a glass of wine and FaceTime and life is gong to be good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards