Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony songs

I'm not doing the traditional here comes the bride. So I'm looking for suggestions of good love songs to walk to. I'm so bad with remembering song names and really only remember when I hear something I like. Suggestions would be great

Re: Ceremony songs

• Options
    I definitely did not want to walk into anything cheesy or overly used.

My bridal party walked into "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes (clicky).
    I walked into "Eyes" by Rogue Wave (clicky).

We got compliments on both selections by our guests.
  • Options
    Very sweet thank you
  • Options
    I used the Piano Guys' version of A Thousand Years. 
  • Options
    Similar to @ClimbingBrideNY 's suggestion... check out The Vitamin String Quartet. They do a ton of popular songs, but instrumentally. I'm thinking of using one for the bridal party... They have so many though it's hard to choose!
  • Options
    Our processional was a piano instrumental of Guns and Roses 'Sweet Child O Mine.'

I walked to 'Trumpet Voluntary' by Purcell played as a piano/trumpet duet.
  • Options
    I walked to a piano playing the Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually. 
  • Options
    Moms walked in to the Piano Guys instrumental of Can't Help Falling in Love (it is the Elvis version) and bridal party walked to Piano Guys instrumental of Just the Way You Are.

I walked to a classical guitar version of Pachelbel's Canon in D by Michael Marc. We also used a classical guitar version of Storybook Love (from the Princess Bride) by Matthew Lister.

All of them are on YouTube, and all of them would have worked for me to walk to as well.
  • Options
    Family, Groom and Best Man walked in with "My Wish" from Rascal Flatts

Bridal Party walked to "I Will Be There For You" from Jessica Andrews

I walked to "Marry Me" from Train

Anniversary
  • Options
    Do you guys suggest having just instrumental versions? Or are the regular versions ok too. I chose so far away u nickel back for the girls and for me either moment like this by kell clarkson or no one by Alisha keys not sure which yet. And for us to walk after marriage I chose either Bob marley is this love or DMB you and me....any thoughts?
  • Options
    We had a piano and vocalist play "Inseparable" as sung by Natalie Cole.  I wanted the singer because the lyrics were really important to me, but I know a lot of brides don't want a vocalist, not sure why though.
  • Options
    When FI and I were planning a more involved ceremony, the plan was to walk to "All My Days" by Alexi Murdoch.
  • Options
    One of my friends had the WP walk down to an instrumental version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and it was really beautiful
  • Options
    Are there any songs you both really love? Most will have instrumentals on youtube that you could easily use!

We're both pretty into games, so we're using some instrumental music from our favorite games hahaha. I feel tradiotional stuff doesn't give off a personalized feel as much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're thinking about Ray Lamontagne's instrumental "Truly, Madly, Deeply" for when I walk down the aisle. :) 
  • Options
    My hubby and his best man are HUGE Star Wars fans, so I asked the DJ to pay the Imperial March when the guys and the officiant made their way up front (I got a fit of the giggles while taking a peek at them, especially since the judge's robes were flowing, much like Darth Vader's cape).

We both love the Beatles,so I had the BP come out to All You Need Is Love.  I walked down to The Long and Winding Road.    Later on, we used When I'm 64 for the cake cutting.

And when we all left the "altar" area, we picked "The Throne Room/End Credits" music from the original Star Wars movie (from the scene where Princess Leia gives Luke, Chewy, and Han their medals).  It had a nice ovation/marchy feel, and was long enough that it doubled as background music for the guests leaving their seats.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards