Wedding Etiquette Forum

Website Question

I'm having a destination wedding and I want to make it as easy as possible when guests are making travel arrangements. That being said, is it tacky to list prices for a resort on our wedding website? We are staying at a resort where we have negotiated a discounted group rate that is not posted anywhere else. In order to book at that rate guests will need to email or call the coordinator at the resort. I don't want guests to have to contact the coordinator just to decide that the prices are too expensive. I've also listed other resorts and links to their websites but have not listed those prices as they can be found on the resort websites. I'm worried that this seems tacky but also realize it will save guests (also us and the coordinator) a lot of time and hassle...

Re: Website Question

• I am kind of torn with this.  I am someone who likes all pertinent information up front, but there is something about posting prices that just doesn't seem right to me.

I think your best bet is to just say that you have negotiated with X resort to get a discounted rate for any attendees who wish to stay at that location.  Then provide the other locations just in case some guests prefer one over another.  Then it is up to them to call the resorts and figure out prices.

• I don't think it's tacky for you to basically say here's the resort we're staying at, we've negotiated a rate of $XXX per night, to get that rate contact so-and-so at ###...

It's not like you're telling people they HAVE to stay there. You're offering a discount you've negotiated. As a guest, I would see that as informative, not tacky.
    I agree with this. 
  • I personally would appreciate it if the prices were posted. Saves me time and gives me options.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• On my website I have three different options for hotels and in each little blurb under the hotel name, address, and hotel website, I write something like "rooms with a king-size bed or two doubles are available at $120/night. Breakfast is included and free parking is available. Please mention her last name-his last name Wedding when booking."

I just kind of feel like with hotel information, the more details the better.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I think posting the prices is a nice gesture. Anything that makes it easier for me is a plus. Many of the OOT guests contacted me when they got their STDs as to what hotels were nearby and what the price ranges were so I ended up putting suggestions on the website with the price ranges too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I posted the discounted rate on my website. I figured some guests would have access to other means of reducing the rates (coupon codes, frequent traveler perks, etc) and would like all the information before they booked.
    Just Married!

• I would appreciate knowing the price before I call.

• We live in Vegas and are having our wedding here. That being said, almost our entire guest list is out of town guests. We blocked rooms at the property where our wedding is, and we listed the prices for each night on our wedding website. It has solved a lot of problems, such as guests calling one of us to find out the prices, and it has saved many people the task of comparing hotel prices all over the city to see what's affordable. They either know they can afford the block we have, or they can't. I don't see anything wrong with providing that information.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would also appreciate knowing the prices. I hate calling just to inquire for information so if you provided it to me I would be really grateful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would appreciate knowing the prices as well.  Having as much information as possible up front is the easiest course of action for your guests.
  • Ditto PPs on the prices being helpful.  I'm great at finding deals, but it would be great to have as a comparison.  If it turned out that I couldn't find anything better, I would definitely use the hotel block.  

• I have hotel prices listed on my wedding website! It never even occurred to me that it would be tacky. In my experience as a guest at weddings I've always appreciated it having as much information as possible listed, saving myself the trouble of making lots of phone calls.
  • Personally, I would find it helpful.
    From an etiquette standpoint, It's probably distasteful to discuss money on the website.
  • lc07 said:
    Personally, I would find it helpful.
    From an etiquette standpoint, It's probably distasteful to discuss money on the website.
    Maybe, but I see etiquette as being rules and procedures created to aid in the comfort of guests, and I think in this case, talking about money does just: makes things easier for guests. Which, in my opinion, makes it etiquette approved. 

Of course, it's a know your crowd thing. If in your circle, mention of money or prices IS always shocking, then that would remain true even in this case. 
  • lilacck28 said:
    lc07 said:
    Personally, I would find it helpful.
    Maybe, but I see etiquette as being rules and procedures created to aid in the comfort of guests, and I think in this case, talking about money does just: makes things easier for guests. Which, in my opinion, makes it etiquette approved. 

Of course, it's a know your crowd thing. If in your circle, mention of money or prices IS always shocking, then that would remain true even in this case. 

I agree. It's perhaps convenience for your guests to list it but not really comfort. Whereas the discussion of money can be uncomfortable for some.
  • I think it's OK to list prices on a website, if it's on a separate tab. I would find it helpful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards