Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday Chat

2»

Re: Wednesday Chat

• @speakeasy14 That looks terrible! We are slated for 10cm or so (4inch), and in the mountains it is going to be 30cm+! (12inch) Its 'brown' here right now though. Coming tonight.
  • It really isn't that bad where I work, at least not yet, it just looks really bad because the snow is coming down heavy.  The real problem is it is heavy, wet snow, so people are getting stuck all over the highway and backroads.  I live in the area predicted for 15"+, but work in the area predicted for 5". 

I'm more concerned about other people on the road.  It is amazing how many people do not know how to drive in bad weather. And as I was typing this, bf sent me a picture and cars are stuck all over the place by my house.  I maaaaay slip out of work early.

• @justbeingme93 - What do you hunt?

@eilis1228 - Chocolate dream whip pies?! More info please!

@stefuhknee - HI there, neighbor! Whereabouts in NJ do you work? I'm in Jersey City. 

• stefuhkneestefuhknee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @swazzle- Hey! I work in Sayreville now but prior to this I was in Avenel. The company I used to work for moved around a LOT so I've been all over Jersey pretty much. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @stefuhknee - My H worked in Sayreville for 6 years! I don't know Avenel very well but we drove through it last night to see if we might want to check out houses there. I didn't love it.

• Sneaking out a bit early is a good idea. I know when we have bad weather, our mayor actually encourages people to spread out their comings/goings to alievate a bit of the traffic congestion. I mean, if the mayor said so, may as well ;)
  • My goal of getting up at a reasonable hour and cleaning? Ahahaha who the fuck was I kidding.

Birdo is hungover today. Oh well. Drunk birdo was hilarious while it lasted.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • stefuhkneestefuhknee member
    edited November 2014
    @swazzle- such a small world wide web. lol. Yeah, I'm not too familiar with residential neighborhoods of Avenel, I work for trucking companies so our facilities are usually located in ugly industrial complexes but what I do love about Avenel and Sayreville is how close they are to NYC via Staten Island, makes my life much easier.

• justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    edited May 2015
  • Swazzle said:
    Morning!

First, I just want to tell everyone that has off or a half day today, I am SO jealous. I really don't want to be at work and I'm already dreading the commute home tonight. Between normal NYC traffic, holiday traffic, and the impending rain/snow storm that's coming, I'm expecting it to be a nightmare! 

Tomorrow, I'm getting up early to start the turkey. I'm so excited for all the food! There'll be turkey with gravy, stuffing, mashed sweet potato brulee, rosemary garlic parm biscuits, corn, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie tarts. I'm making all of it all by myself! There will be leftovers for DAYS. I can't wait! 

H and I drove around some neighborhoods last night to make sure they're areas that we want to browse houses in. It sucks to have to start over and it's such a bad time to be looking for a house (who the hell moves during the holidays?) but hopefully it works in our favor. 
    Oh hai, here's the girl moving over both Thanksgiving AND Christmas/New Years. You're in very fair company. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @Swazzle Recipe HERE. We usually top it with chocolate chips. It's really easy, and everyone loves it. FI uses an Oreo pie crust too.

• eilis1228 said:
    @Swazzle Recipe HERE. We usually top it with chocolate chips. It's really easy, and everyone loves it. FI uses an Oreo pie crust too.
    That is NO JOKE and I need it in my life!

• Swazzle said:
    eilis1228 said:
    @Swazzle Recipe HERE. We usually top it with chocolate chips. It's really easy, and everyone loves it. FI uses an Oreo pie crust too.
    That is NO JOKE and I need it in my life!
    It's seriously delicious! We always have to bring at least two pies to every family gathering. He started making it a couple of years ago for my family too, and now they've mandated a few pies every year as well. It's one of the easiest things to make too. Let me know if you make it! 

• @swazzle no shit...my town is also called woodbridge IT'S A SIGN!!!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @swazzle I'm so sorry about the house stuff.  It sucks I hope you find something better soon. There is a house across the street from me for sale.  

We got home from Atlantic City around 3 today.  Since I've been home I've been cleaning and cooking non stop I still have more stuff to do.  I made a cheescake for the first time and I'm real proud of it.  I used H's grandma's recipe.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards