Chit Chat

@slothiegal ...I'm just gonna leave this here for you...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/this-adorable-5-month-old-baby-and-a-sloth-have-been-best-fr?bftw=main

My family is awesome!!  Jason and Julia are my cousins (Julia was one of my bridesmaids).  This has been stirring up some controversy with people questioning how they are allowed to have these animals.  The negative side to this publicity is that it could encourage people who have no experience with such animals to go "ooh!  I want a pet sloth too!"  Which is not okay.

But Jason and Julia are licensed to have the animals, and they know what they're doing with them.  They're not just pets; Julia takes them to school presentations and book readings to teach kids about conservation and such.  They have a separate, temperature-controlled building apart from their house that Boomeroo (kangaroo) and Captain Noche (anteater) live in.  I think Daisy the sloth still lives in the house because she's pretty young.  Hopefully I'll get to meet Daisy when I go home for Christmas in a few weeks!

Jason and Julia have done all sorts of mission trips and conservation trips throughout Central and South America.  All of the proceeds from her books go to conservation funds for the endangered pygmy sloths.  Website below if you want more info:

Re: @slothiegal ...I'm just gonna leave this here for you...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards