Chit Chat
Options

Pumpkin pie lovers only

2»

Re: Pumpkin pie lovers only

• Options
    Blergh. You "chilled" eaters are dead to me. I'd rather eat it microwaved than cold, I'm that serious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love taking a slice of pumpkin pie out of the fridge for breakfast the day after a holiday. That's actually what I am eating right now!
    I took a few slices of leftover pumpkin cheesecake home and I have had those for breakfast the last two days. Those were chilled to perfection.
  • Options
    I like mine best at room temperature (with whipped cream!).

Yes, it's true that because of the eggs it should be stored in the fridge if it will be around for more than a day or two. However, the sugar acts as a preservative, so it's generally safe to store at room temp for shorter periods of time. In my house, a good pumpkin pie does not last very long. In fact, this is my favorite black Friday breakfast option :) *drooling*

My stepmother made a pumpkin pie this year that was certainly NOT worthwhile saving, which made me sad. I think she tried to make it "healthy" by using less sugar and substituting evaporated milk for cream. It also had too much spice. Yuck. Next year I'm making the pumpkin pie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards